Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i know i want a rhino but im not sure what one to buy.
the rhino will be used 75% for around the house work.
plowing snow
hauling horse ****
hauling firewood
having a trailer behind it

the other 25% of the time it will be trail ridden and i want something that is going to have enough power to throw seats in the bed and add the cage quick and be able to have a 4 seater for week end rides or what not. also have some bigger wheels and tires on it and just be able to throw anything at it and not worry about it

im not sure i want a 450 or a 660. i would love to have a 700 but i dont think im going to be able to afford a 700.

i would really like to find a almost stock one and build it my own.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
427 Posts
2008 up 700 efi or older 660 carb. by the way you're describing what you want to do with it. Try craigslist or maybe 'freebay or classifieds on here you mite get lucky, good luck in your search!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Based on what you are saying I think you will be sorry if you get a 450...

I suggest you do a few things...

Fill in the details in your header... City and State will help you connect closer to home..

Run a WTB add for what you are looking for in the rhinos for sale section of this forum...

Then put a link to that WTB add on this forum in your signature...along with wording that says you WTB...

Then start a thread in the section of this forum that is specific to your area...

These things will help you find what you are looking for...

If I were you I would highly recommend getting one that already has at a minimum a good set of shocks...and I would buy one that has what you want already... if you can't afford a 700 you can't afford to buy all that stuff... base model shocks WILL NOT support your four seater with passengers and added cage properly at all...

Consider getting a used 660 OR 700 with a MTS suspension and good shocks...

·
Registered
427 Posts
Major mods would just be up grades suspension and what else?
Sheeve, clutch springs, weights, MSD, better cam, Muzzy exh, wheels & tires,full cab incloser, HID lights, light bar, back roll cage, back pass. seats, custom paint,winch,bumpers,plow kit,heater oh & theres more. They love money spent on them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
well if its going to be used mainly on the farm and the rest of the time in trails i wouldnt do longtravel so its narrow. and depending on where you live there are tons of rhinos in the arizona and so cal region with big bucks in them for cheep

1 - 9 of 9 Posts