Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2006 Rhino 660 that did not come from the factory with a digital dash. Is there any other place on the machine that would show either the mileage or the hours that have already been put on it? Also, if I purchase a new digital dash now to upgrade so that I can keep up with mileage and hours from this point, is it as simple as plugging into an existing wiring harness and should that work easily?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Matt,

1. There is nothing to indicate previous mileage or hours...

2. It is an easy install and you do have swap temperature senders...I know in the past the Digi-Dash from Yamaha comes with the correct temp sender...

3. I don't know what CDI you have in it...but...recently one of my customers found out the hard way that some stock CDIs won't work with the Digi-dash...He had his dash installed at a dealer and it would not work...the ripped him off on the whole deal...he wound up having to replace the stock CDI with a different part no. stock CDI... I never heard of that before and not sure what the part no.s are...

PM me your email address... I will contact him and find out the details of that for you...

BTW...you might look for used one...they are around...especially among the Rotax engine swap guys...and there are many of them on this forum...

Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts