Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help here. So I picked up an 04 rhino with a blown head gasket. It had the crappy niche stock top end kit on it and after some research I realized that the sleeve slides out a tiny bit from the jug and causes it to blow gasket. Sure enough it was down about 3 thou. So I bought the 686 kit from bpratv which was very expensive. Did jug studs and head studs as well my dad did most of the work as he's a 33 year class a mechanic. After about 50 miles it blew the head gasket again and gues what sleeve moved 4 thou burnt right threw the cometic head gasket. Ggggrrrrrrr. Bpratv says that they use the 686 hisun cylinder. I'm at a loss for words here as by the time everything was shipped it was around 1600 can with duty bla bla fees etc. Why do all these sleeves slide? Has anyone figured out what to do? I'm pretty choked was alot of work and I really like the machine but want it to be reliable... anyone got anything to say here??? Thank you...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help here. So I picked up an 04 rhino with a blown head gasket. It had the crappy niche stock top end kit on it and after some research I realized that the sleeve slides out a tiny bit from the jug and causes it to blow gasket. Sure enough it was down about 3 thou. So I bought the 686 kit from bpratv which was very expensive. Did jug studs and head studs as well my dad did most of the work as he's a 33 year class a mechanic. After about 50 miles it blew the head gasket again and gues what sleeve moved 4 thou burnt right threw the cometic head gasket. Ggggrrrrrrr. Bpratv says that they use the 686 hisun cylinder. I'm at a loss for words here as by the time everything was shipped it was around 1600 can with duty bla bla fees etc. Why do all these sleeves slide? Has anyone figured out what to do? I'm pretty choked was alot of work and I really like the machine but want it to be reliable... anyone got anything to say here??? Thank you...
I bought a niche top end and it keep blowing head gaskets and noticed the cylinder bore was down about 5 thousandth below the deck sent it back And the other one was the same surfaced the top of Cylinder and head and I have about 150 miles on it So far it is holding up good

·
Premium Member
2006 rhino 660
14 Posts
push sleeve down till its for sure bottomed out then deck the cylinder till its totally flat.and have head decked flat also. use aftermarket studs and copper spray gasket good. so far that has been the fix for me. i went threw several blown head gaskets and 2 different jugs. so far this seemed to have fixed my issues and holding together good now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts