Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just wanted to let everyone know what my wheel combo weights just so people have a good idea before they purchase a tire and wheel and find that its to heavy or need more clutch work then they thought or what not. Well my wheel and tire combo is 28x12x12 Maxxis Zilla on black ITP Delta Steel wheels with black centercap and black lugs nuts. Each zilla with 10 psi and the metal centercap and 4 itp lugs weight 41.5 pounds. The stock 25x10x12 on silver rhino steel wheels with 10 psi and plastic centercap and 4 stock lugs weighted 31.5 pounds. Lastly was the front stock wheel and tire which is a 25x8x12 on stock silver wheels and plastic center cap and 4 stock lugs weighted 27.5 pounds. I am running the wide zillas all the way around so you can see the difference in weight from stock to 28 zillas on steel wheels. So i the end the zilla combo is 10 pounds heavier then the stock rear combo and 14 pound heavier per stock front wheel combo. All weights were on a digital home scale.

I am very happy with my zillas and this is my 3rd set ive owned on 3 different machines. I just would like to share my wheel and tire combo weights. I think more people should do this for others info, and start a total new thread of everyones tire and wheel combos.
Thanks for looking

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roo, Yes it is. According to mud throwers website, my 28x12x12 zillas weight 27.5 pounds, which isnt that too bad compared to a standard maxxis bighorn radial 26x12x12 weights 30 pounds lol. I know between the larger rotational mass and traction difference it is alot but just comparing tire weights. I blame my higher combo weight on my steel deltas. If I went with a itp ss wheel they are lighter and would help with the rotational mass problem. Anyway So far I have have 18 gram Greaseless OD weights and sliders modded by hunterworks to keep most of my bottom end, a gold spring and as of last week a wv hotrod sheave. Even before the sheave I could turn them in all the mud around here. Now with the sheave it handles them even better. Throttle control is key with bigger tires, or you begin to brake parts lol.
If you know your tire and wheel combo post it up, i would like to see some other set ups on here. Just hop on that home bathroom scale with your setup in your hand and post it up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.