Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shocks showed up Friday morning just before i left this weekend for the Dunes. So i ran out picked them up, came home and installed them for the trip to Glamis.

I ordered the shocks directly from Elka and let them know my Rhino's setup as well as having the LSR +3 kit. And the paper work that came with the shocks says setup for LSR +3.

So we get to Glamis and of course the first thing i do is get the Rhino out fire it up and go bombing down sand highway by camp. And well... i wasnt to impressed. :( The ass end was bouncing like a ten year old on a pogo stick! And no I wasnt going through Supercross whoops with it either. So i bring her back in to camp and adjust the rebound a little to try and companste for the crazy bucking that i am having.

but i am the first to admit that i am no suspension wiz so i only made minor adjustments which helped, but not to what i have been told and have seen on other LSR +3 kits. I am hoping that it is just adjustment and that maybe someone could shed some light on this?

The other thing i was displeased with is how Elka makes the rear reservoir cables two different lengths??? So people with dual exhaust are Jacked! because the system is setup for a singal exhaust. this is something i never thought of and was never asked so im not blamming them but it should be one of there questions when asking the customers setup.

Anyhow - any suggestions would greatley be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i may have missed it, but are you actually running the +3 kit? if not, the rear end will probably be really stiff with stock a-arms.

when did you get the shocks?

We dialed in the elka +3 shocks well over a month ago. So they should be good, if they are built to the latest specs. (1st run at them, weren't quite right)

If you are having a problem with the rear end flying up going over woops, you should add more rebound (i.e. stiffer). The back end should stay nice and planted over most woops except the huge one at the base of Olds hil and the like.

Contact Tony @ Elka. He is their west coast rep, or Yann at thier headquarters in canada. I am sure they will be happy to help you out on getting them dialed in. If you are running a 4 seater, they are set up different to deal with the extra weight.

If you have any problems, send me a PM, and i will help you out.

Greg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Greg,

Yes, i do have the +3 kit and i got the shocks from Elka direct through Yann.

I just think they're not setup right? and im going to need to mess with them some more. Which isnt what i wanted to do..... That's why i asked them to set it up for the +3 kit. OH WELL

I messed with the rebound a little and it helped. so i'll keep going that way with it. and yes i only have a 2 seater.

thanks for your input

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg,

you guys heading out this weekend by any chance? I got my new springs in from Elka so im going to install them and try it out this weekend.

ugg... but we are camping in the washes... 14...blah... dont like washes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts