Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so ive gotta rebuild my motor. and while im at it im goin Benckmark 686. if im tryna get to the cam and valves do i pull at the top point or lowwer where my finger is?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
It's where you are pointing in the first pic......... You need to make sure you are at tdc before you pull the cover off first tho.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhhhh huh.... now whats tdc?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Top dead center i think

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i kno that i just dunno howta find it

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
honestly there aint nobody around here that does... jus my dealer that does any utv/atv work around here. and they suck awful bad. itll norm sit a couple weeks before they take a look at it and they normally break summ when their workin on it. they broke a taillight last time. now are you refering to the valve cover or the cover on the side of the motor? i heard somethin about taking the fan and cover off and that theres marks on the flywheel?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if anybody has a pdf i am in need of a 04 660 repair manual. thanks

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ty, i got that one jus didnt kno if that was still ok for the 04

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aight ty, sounds good

·
Registered
37 Posts
You will be surprised how much you can learn from you tube...a good service manual is priceless..plus lots of patients.

For tdc;

remove the fan on the passenger side of the motor and you will see a black plastic plug next to what is the pull start mechanism on a grizzly
remove the plug and look inside the hole, you will see the flywheel, there are three marks on it for tdc and advanced timing
when you set the cam in, make sure the bump on the cam faces straight up and there is a small spot on the side of the cam gear that shows through a hole in the valve cover to line up with the bottom tdc mark at the same time

Hope that helps

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aight tyty

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
new prob, whats the best way to get a view into the plug hole? do i hafta pull the gas tank? or is there a better way of doin that? sry for all these dumb questions. im not really the brightest bulb.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
isnt the plug under the fan on the pass. side of the motor? cuz thats the black plug i pulled. now u sayin ill be able to see in there if i look from under the bed when its lifted?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Sorry thought you were talking bout the spark plug. Yes the plug to see the marks on the crank is behind the exhaust fan. You can use a mirror to see the marks then stick a bolt into the piece the fan bolts to to lock it in tdc.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea i def kno where the spark plug is lol. aight ill try that in the mornin when i have light. thanks

1 - 20 of 98 Posts