·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are they worth the extra money or not?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm running the whisper cores with UTV Inc's turndown tips and it's no louder than stock, just sounds alot better.
I think the turndown tips help just as much as the whisper cores.
Very happy with the setup.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Worth the $$ for sure.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Do the whisper cores or turn down tips cut down your power?
I'm sure the whisper cores cut the power a little, the turn down tips shouldn't cut the power at all, IMO.
The nice thing about the whisper cores is, if you want the additional power they're extremely easy to remove and then re-install when needed.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cant believe how quiet these are im am little rich on top versus alba but 1 size should fix it.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I just put on a set of Muzzy exhaust pipes in my 700 Rhino, and they forgot to send me the cores with the mufflers. The install sheet calls them "Quiet Cores", versus the "Silent Cores" which are quieter and more restrictive. The "Silent Cores" are an add-on.

I did some poking around on the internet, and I found different types of cores-- one site Overview of Muzzy packing and sound restrictor - Technical Discussions - FJRForum is showing packing all over the core, with the silent core having extra packing. However, this is for a motorcycle.

The Muzzy website shows 700 bare cores as the "whisper cores". http://www.muzzys.com/Rhino700/

What gives? Are the standard issue "quiet cores" without packing? This is all very confusing and since it is the weekend I can't call anybody to ask them.

--Geoff

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
The whisper cores , will make it almost stock sounding...kinda sucks after dropping all that coin !! Does it hurt your power...prob so ....but...nothing imo , you're gonna feel in your butt. What James done for me was , take a long drill bit ; and , drill a 1/2 inch hole in the solid baffle plate on the inside. You get a little more noise , and more flow...NO WHERE NEAR the noise of the "queit " cores !!

·
Vendor
3,516 Posts
I just put on a set of Muzzy exhaust pipes in my 700 Rhino, and they forgot to send me the cores with the mufflers. The install sheet calls them "Quiet Cores", versus the "Silent Cores" which are quieter and more restrictive. The "Silent Cores" are an add-on.

I did some poking around on the internet, and I found different types of cores-- one site Overview of Muzzy packing and sound restrictor - Technical Discussions - FJRForum is showing packing all over the core, with the silent core having extra packing. However, this is for a motorcycle.

The Muzzy website shows 700 bare cores as the "whisper cores". Yamaha Rhino 700 Exhaust System by Muzzys

What gives? Are the standard issue "quiet cores" without packing? This is all very confusing and since it is the weekend I can't call anybody to ask them.

--Geoff
Both are bare cores in the Rhino exhaust. The quiet cores are just reverse cones and cut noise down a lot over open, more low end grunt and no backfires on decal with them in. The Whisper cores do not have packing either, you don't need it. They are long perforated cores with a solid washer right in the middle which forces the exhaust into the packing of the muffler then back in the core. Yes they do cut down on power but not by much. Normally we recommend using the quiet cores and 90 degree turndowns for everyday use and when you need to be quieter slip the whisper cores in.

Todd

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, I got all the pieces for my Muzzy exhaust and tested out the "Quiet Cores" vrs the "Whisper Cores". Quiet cores are NOT quiet, they are loud and you need earplugs if you are going to run them. The Whisper cores had to be ground down to fit into the muffler end hole, but are much quieter. You can tell the power difference immediately.

For my needs, I am going to run the Whisper cores to keep my noise down and switch to "Quiet" cores when I want max performance.

--Geoff

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking for a full duel exhaust system made by Muzzy. I would like the whisper cores and turn downs as well. This is for my 2004 Yamaha 660 Rhino.

Thank you

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm running the whisper cores with UTV Inc's turndown tips and it's no louder than stock, just sounds alot better.
I think the turndown tips help just as much as the whisper cores.
Very happy with the setup.
Anyone aware of some quiet or whisper cores available anywhere? I am in search of cores and turn down tips for my 08 Rhino.

·
Registered
07 686, msd cdi, twin-air filter, Tyrex shocks, stage 1 hot cam, lots of old school tuning tricks
101 Posts
Anyone aware of some quiet or whisper cores available anywhere? I am in search of cores and turn down tips for my 08 Rhino.
You should be able to find exhaust tips on Ebay

1 - 20 of 21 Posts