Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am a new owner of a sxs for the first time. I recently bought a 08 Rhino 700 that came with an MSD cdi box, and Muzzy's. The air intake is stock. I will be adding a UNI next spring. After researching what this msd programmer can do i am wondering if it is necessary to purchase a A/F gauge in order to tune this machine properly or if somebody has some maps already for this set-up? I play around 5000-6500 ft. Also what kind of numbers would be expected to see on a A/F gauge for this machine? Any schooling/info appreciated.
Great forum!

·
Registered
357 Posts
i just built my motor and im just getting started on the tunning, im running the msd and a pc3, i just got my aem wideband to make it easier. i will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just built my motor and im just getting started on the tunning, im running the msd and a pc3, i just got my aem wideband to make it easier. i will let you know how it goes.
Thanks for the response nwrhino. I see i have alot more research to do, for i have no idea what a pc3 or aem wideband is. Sounds pretty technological/advanced to me in this premature stage. Back to the endless hours of reading. Thanks man.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
the pc3 let's you add fuel to different ranges. the wideband is the air fuel ratio gauge (let's you know if your running lean or rich)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the pc3 let's you add fuel to different ranges. the wideband is the air fuel ratio gauge (let's you know if your running lean or rich)
ARHHH. So, do you not have the ability to adjust fuel levels at different ranges with the msd? And i agree the gauge would be most beneficial to not only this aircraft but others as well.:eek5:

·
Registered
357 Posts
what msd do you have, mine does fuel too, but with the pc3 i can stack it with the msd. i was thinking i would be pulling my hair out, but its not that bad. i can help you with some maps, just depends on what your gonna do to the motor, and type of riding.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have maps for quite a few setups and would be more than happy to help. PM me a list of your mods and an email address and I will send you a map.

Nate
Alba Racing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.