Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
new to the Forum and new to the Rhino as well.
I've been looking thru back posts and haven't seen anything on this and was hoping someone on here might be able to help me.
I purchased an 06 660 rhino and wanted to try and get a little more speed out of it as I was only getting 41 mph down hill full throttle.
I purchased an MSD Charge speed enhancer to do the trick but when I went to install it I found that it already had a Dragonfire CDI unit installed already.
Shouldn't it go faster than 41 mph with this unit in it?
Can I install the MSD with the Dragonfire?
I wanted to get some insite before installing it and messing something up.

Thanx guys!!

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so after cleaning the Sheave and with the Dragonfire CDI I should see around 48 MPH?
I'm also running a K&N filter, not sure if that makes any difference.
Also am I better off sticking with the Dragonfire or would the stock CDI and the MSD give me better performance?
Thanks for the fast replies

·
Banned
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx again, I was just reading up on the Hot Rod Sheave and it looks like I will be going that route and keep the Dragonfire installed for now until I can get ahold of a stock CDI then I will be able to compare the 2 and see if there really is any difference.
If I contact Hot Rod and tell him the riding conditions we do most he should be able to hook me up with the correct weights and spring right?
Been racing Motocross all my life but decided to try 4 wheels and I think I found my new hobby :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
yes he'll take care of you call james for sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts