Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
You have one nice Rhino! I love all your air shots! What kind of hid lights are you running?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Mr. O every time I see yours I can't believe its just
a rattle can paint job. I wish I did that the flat black
looks killer and would be easy to touch up.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I painted it in early Nov and the first time I had to do any cracked paint touch ups was after my last trip Jan 27, ... I had some cracks/chips on the front grill area 2 were about the size of a pencil eraser and the other was about the size of a dime. I think I had cracks because we had the hood up for installing the HID lights.

Touching up the paint is super easy, the good thing is that the total cost for the paintjob was $50, which includes the cage... I used Rustoleum Textured Black paint there.

In all truth though, it was a total gamble when I did it. There was a strong chance I was going to ruin my clean factory plastic, but it turned out good in the end. If I was to do it again I would probably go buy professional primer paint and borrow a spray gun from someone. It would give more consistent paint coverage and paint quicker.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I love that pic of you jumping.

One thing you have to remember about our plastics. You can sand them down!! So spray paint away!! There is nothing a DA or palm sander and some 320 oe 180 grit sandpaper can't do!!!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Flat black paint is definitely a good look!

·
Registered
297 Posts
love the red black paint, where did you get the prp stickers?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Hey Michael, do you ever feel rear bottom out with those FOX's? Or didn't you send the shocks back in a few times? was that you? I had problems with my KINGS but had to go back and forth a dozen times, and now I can huck my rhino 8 ft in the air and land smooth with a decent landing to the jump! Can't wait to go to Glamis for the 1st time since the re-spring/valve of the shocks! My next rhino (soon) wi have a crazy lil shock setup. I will be running a scuba tank to supply air to each corner with elec valves to some Air Shocks, limit straps, and a secondary shock on each corner with 9 way adjustments! Sould ride super duper smooth, but won't handle like some coilovers, but should make great for comfort for wife and 3 yr old, not to mention a decent speed adjustable ride height from in cab! Should be a fun experiment! I've ran a comfortable 350psi to some air shocks in a civic with the struts out and it rode lie none of you could ever know! Cadillac is an understatement! Gotta at least try it, and I will! I will also make my own long travel as well just to do it! Not hard. I'll just take a few measurement off of mine now and make something comperable in geometry, but with camber adjustment!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, at first the back was soft, I was one of the first to get a Rhino Mafia Race Setup for a 4 seat cage, my feedback (and others like Wild Bill) helped to get the dual rate shocks setup for all the kits they are selling now.

They can set the shocks up for big air, or for whoops or right in the middle.

I chose right in the middle and its awesome, it isnt soft at all and doesnt bottom out in the rear (unless you hit really hard) and even then it still rides very smooth. The Fox shocks are great.

·
Registered
997 Posts
That sounds great! You're lucky! It's hard to get it just right when it comes to shocks! The front is tricky! I just learned that you don't really know that the front's not set up as good as you think until a pro jumps in and tells you how much better it could be, which is what happened to me. All the KINGS at King shocks helped me out with nailing the valving just perfect, now when I stuff it, I barely feel it unless I stuff from 5-8 ft in the air, then hard to prevent breakage and things of that nature! lol, just ask me!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts