Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
LOW MILES/HOURS MPI Supercharger for sale. My Rhino is currently at Benchmark getting some work done and I would like to sell the MPI Supercharger with all of the necessary components for you to install on your ride. You can see it run here: Custom car shop, trucks accessories, sandrails and service in Las Vegas - The Custom Shop

Also you can get all of the information on the MPI Superchager here: Rhino Supercharger

It can easily top 70 and get there in a hurry with this set up. I want to go in a different direction and since it is used mostly to have fun with the kids, something a little more mellow is preferable and something that doesn't need a lot of up keep. The supercharger does make it louder than stock even with the stock pipe.

The MPI Supercharger sells for $4K-5K. If anyone is interested I would like $1500 obo.

It is currently at Benchmark Performance right now getting taken out of my Rhino, so if you want to make a deal let me know. May entertain interesting trades.

This is not for everyone. The facts are that it will make great power. But in my case I had it on a high compression 101mm bored out carburated motor, not the ideal combination. For someone that loves to tinker with their motor and get the most out of them, this would be the perfect addition.

Rhino Stage I Performance:
Our Stage I kit is shipping at 52 Wheel Horsepower (about 80 at the motor) at 10 pounds of boost. The Rhino boasts a consumer friendly bolt-on solution to more than double your power. We recommend using Premium Gas, 92+ Octane. The Stock Rhino has about 22 Rear Wheel Horsepower (about 37HP at the motor). For those desiring more power, numbers in excess of 100 Crank HP is coming on Stage II (then Stage III).

Highlights:
This kit was designed by a team of experienced engineers with 4 specific goals in mind:
Easy Install - No cutting or fabricating required. Consumer installs pre-assembled sub systems. Typical 4hr install plus clutch changes.
Dependable HP - Build on the awesome reliability of the Yamaha Genesis based 5 valve motor.
Instantaneous Throttle Response - MPI knows this is required for an A+ fun factor.
Repeatable Performance - The system must not require "tinkering" to make it run.
We have met and exceeded our design goals in all aspects. Each of the key factors mentioned have met the requirements of the most discriminating enthusiasts.

Recommendations:
- Gauges are not required, but recommended for Extreme Application. We recommend the ProLogger
- All Units should probably have the High Pressure Radiator Cap.
- As Hard Riding increased you should add the Electric Water Pump - This protects from OEM Pump Cavitation
- For All out Hard Riding, Use The 3 Pass Radiator, Electric Pump Kit & the cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
I take it this is for 660?
The website says 700 kits are in the works.

Nice setup, what other direction are you going in then?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes it is for the 660 and 660 based motors, ie 686, 720, etc... The MPI Supercharger is great and does make at least double the power to the wheels but does need a little more maintenance than a stock motor. I currently have my Rhino at Benchmark getting some work done and if anyone was interested, you can see the supercharger at Benchmarks shop.

You can look at the video in the link that I posted and see and hear my Rhino with the MPI Supercharger on it. The supercharger makes it pretty loud and since we mostly use it now to cruise around the neighborhood I want something a little more quite and mellow for the wife and kids to drive.

There is a pretty good thread on the MPI Supercharger here:

Black Rhino Performance • View topic - supercharger belt problems

The person that started this thread really dialed in the MPI Supercharger on his Rhino and did a few small mods to the system to make it very reliable especially if it is used in the sand alot, which my hasnt. The only time it was in the sand was for the video on the website that is linked in my original post. The Rhino was built for the 2006 SEMA Show with a matching Dodge Ram, Tatum Sand Rail, ATC and Custom Trailer. It was also seen the the Discovery Channels SEMA After Hours with Chip Foose making a few comments about the set up.

I can tell you that it will get you up to 70 in a hurry.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does it come with all of the gauges as posted in your pics above? and do you have an idea of a install price on another rhino ?
Wasn't planning on selling the gauges, thinking of still using them but if the price is right??? I figure the install would be around 6 hours. So at $75 an hour that would be $450 to install at most shops. You might want to contact Chris at Benchmark and get a quote for the install from him or what ever shop you work with. I just mention Chris at Benchmark because he is generally known to be the best in the business for our Rhinos and my rhino is down there right now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
457 miles, 66.5 hrs

FYI, the MPI Supercharger has 457 Miles and 66.5 Miles on her. Barely broken in yet. It is now separated from the Motor and ready for someones next project.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All PM's have been responded to. There is no doubt that this will at least double your HP, but it isn't just plug and play. I will be putting my motor up for sale soon and I can tell you that the MPI Supercharger is not ideal for a High Compression Motor with a BBK like I had.

But for someone that knows what they are doing and builds a low compression motor and can tune it properly, this would make a very nice addition, especially for the price. Ready to get picked up or possibly shipped.

Will entertain interesting trades.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They make great power, just need to get the set up right. Not ideal for a High Compression set up but with a low compression piston and proper tuning it will give others a run for the money.

Ready for pick up or delivery at buyers costs. Make $$$$ offers and/or interesting trades.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All PMs replied to. To the trade offer for the Built CRF450, wheel sets, etc... Sounds so tempting and if I just didnt recently get new Black Excel Wheels, new tires and head work on my bike, I would have jumped at the offer.

Knowing that you built the 450 motor for the sand dunes sounds even more tempting. Never had my bike in the sand and heard it really puts a strain on it due to the constant requirement for high revs to stay afloat. I have always wanted to put some paddles on my bike to see how it and more importantly I would do. I heard it is a totally different style of riding than the dirt.

In your case, knowing that you built the Honda 450 motor, you are probably a better candidate for this MPI Supercharger Kit than most. I do not posses the skills to properly tune and build the right motor to take full advantage of the awesome benefits of the MPI Supercharger Kit. There is no doubt from the time the MPI Supercharger was installed at 1 Hour that it makes big power. But my combination of a High Compression +1 BBK was not ideal, especially since I usually let other people than myself drive it and when it starts to get hot they never pay attention to the gauges, such as the A/F, Temp, etc... and keep driving until something bad happens.

Such is the case with my motor that is also listed separately. My brother kept driving it while it was overheating and just detonated, toasting the piston. Luckily the complete bottom end is good but the piston is toast and will need a top end rebuild.

Anyone looking for a great deal, make an offer. Will consider a package deal with the motor and MPI supercharger for a great set up for the RIGHT person that has the skills and knowledge to make it work. There are many of these MPI Supercharger systems that have been sold and MANY with HIGH MILEAGE/HOURS. Then there are those like me that like to plug and play and go and expect it to be carefree, just add gas. Then the parties over. You tend to hear about the latter rather than the MANY People that have had great success with their MPI Superchargers.

I am pretty sure you could use the supercharger kit and modify to fit many other applications. What other applications, I do not know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice talking to you this morning. Let me know if you want to work something out today. You have my number.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sitting in a box in my garage and waiting for a new owner who wants to go FAST!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would think it would but you might want to call Mountain Performance at (888) 649-4609 or (801) 619-1569. They have sold thousands of these kits and they would definitely have the answer.

This would make your Rhino quite a beast!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.