Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 rhino 700, with dmc dual exhaust, vdi ecu, and clutch work on it. I have been considering doing some motor work to it. I have been thinking about putting a high compression piston and a cam in it. Not sure what camshaft I should run thought. I mostly ride trails and sometimes I will make a trip or 2 to some small dunes we have in lousiania in a year. I have also seen and read some about the trinity 734 kit. Which piston and cam combo would you run? Or would I really be wasting my money....what's would be different between the 734 kit then cam+piston? Is it worth the extra money per say

·
Banned
833 Posts
yep...no springs needed.....it will run better but hotter with the 734......they are reliable...Im going to see if i can get a cam grind of my own....one of my buddys is the motor KING

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I know chris knows his stuff..just thinking I don't really want to spend 1500 for his bb kit and jug. Im still gonna give him a call and see his opinion about it.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yeah I know chris knows his stuff..just thinking I don't really want to spend 1500 for his bb kit and jug. Im still gonna give him a call and see his opinion about it.
just tell him ur budget and what you want to accomplish. good luck with ur build.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 09 700 i'm running a stage two Rapptor cam and a CP 11-1 piston with MSD from Hunterworks . I'm very happy with the power and performance and now with a VW sheave this is a deadly combination for not too mutch money I alos run with a ALBA full exhaust I did this for more bottom end power but you also get a lot more top speed . I have done 60 MPH with mine Quint has the same year 700 and he can get 63 GPS on his this set up nearly doubles your rear wheel HP. I'm very happy with this set up the piston is stock size 102mm Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
Road way I'm in Saskatchewan we don't have sand here mud and lots of water the test I did was on paved road , like I said I did this for more bottom end in mud and hill climb and trail rideing It's like haveing a new Rhino when you put your foot down it goes (FAST) Most of our riding here is trail riding . Bill

·
Registered
170 Posts
Bill who did your motor work here or did you dyi it

·
Registered
55 Posts
I did all the motor work myself . to do this it is really not that complicated you do not have to remove the motor to do this work . If you want to do this and you are a bit mechanicaly handy I --or some one else can walk you through the process. over half of the work is none technical like removing the exhaust and covers ect. Bill I'm sending you a PM

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
A 734 kit is way under a grand by itself. Give us a call if you would like to discuss options. I have a customer with a 4 seat 700 running 68mph in the dirt. And, it is still a 686, no big bore!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I added Muzzy duals, MSD, Stock bore CP 11:1 piston, Hotcams Rhino stage 2, WV Hot Rods clutch. I got 61 on hardpack dirt with the windshield up...that was on the speedometer, not GPS. The only tricky part is setting the cam up right (timing)..I watched a youtube video to help me out with that. Good luck.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like I will be going with the 734 kit from chris at benchmark...I just hope I can get the tunning right with my vdi ecu

1 - 18 of 18 Posts