Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow rhino enthusiasts I'm new to the forum and already have gained a lot of valuable info from all of your previous posts. So here is my question does anyone our there have the moose half doors and if so could you please post som pics of them on your rhino. Thanks - 04Rhino686

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks firefighter for the response. That seems to be the only pic I can find of them as well. I have been looking at doors for quite some time now on eBay and there are a few I liked, the j strong doors looked good but the company made me mad. I called them direct twice and never received a call back and emailed them and didn't receive a response this was over about a three wk period so they had plenty of time to return my calls. Also the door sets are as I'm sure you already know between 4-600 hundred and if im gonna spend that kind of money i would think they could answer some questions i have. So anyway I made an offer on some new moose doors last night on eBay and got them brand new with all the hardware and shipping for 250 figure ill try them and if I don't like them I shouldn't have any trouble gettin my money back out of them. Just was wondering what they look like on a rhino that generic pic I/you found is hard to see exactly how they look. But thanks again for lookin for me

· Registered
1,059 Posts
Man Nick, That's one hell of a deal. And I bet Your right, If You don't like them, You could sell them on here in a heart beat. There has been a lot of discussion on here about half doors and the common thing is "over priced". Most are going with metal doors that are painted or powder coated. I would have the paint knocked off them the first day. As much as I would like to have some, $500 to $600 keeps me liking my factory doors !

Good luck and post up a pic when You get them on.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Larry, I couldn't agree more $600 for half doors is outrageous! I find that everything for SXS are 200% more than they should be....maybe I'm just cheap. I just bought a set of aluminum fixed doors for $250 and side steps for $50...throwing that into the price of the doors because with fixed doors you need a solution to get in and out. I'm also thinking about getting them powder coated for another $150...so now I'm almost at the same price as everyone else. Call me weird but I find I'd rather spend $500 over three months to get the same result as $500 all in one shot. Probably because then my wife really has no clue what the real cost was/is.

· Registered
1,059 Posts
Larry, I couldn't agree more $600 for half doors is outrageous! I find that everything for SXS are 200% more than they should be....maybe I'm just cheap. I just bought a set of aluminum fixed doors for $250 and side steps for $50...throwing that into the price of the doors because with fixed doors you need a solution to get in and out. I'm also thinking about getting them powder coated for another $150...so now I'm almost at the same price as everyone else. Call me weird but I find I'd rather spend $500 over three months to get the same result as $500 all in one shot. Probably because then my wife really has no clue what the real cost was/is.
Bruce I'm the one that's cheap, just ask my wife. HAHA

I'm the same way. I had rather do a little at a time than all at once. Sounds like You got a good deal too.

I'll do half doors someday.

· Registered
1,131 Posts
Hello fellow rhino enthusiasts I'm new to the forum and already have gained a lot of valuable info from all of your previous posts. So here is my question does anyone our there have the moose half doors and if so could you please post som pics of them on your rhino. Thanks - 04Rhino686
My bud just bought a 12 model 700 from a local dealer. They had a set leaning against the building outside that didn't have any mounting hardware , that they gave him. We put them on , and he really likes them. The only thing "bad" about them , imo , is they stick out past the cage about an 1 1/2 " . One cool thing about them , you can take them on and off by just pulling the pin out of the hinge. His dad and brother liked them as well and they both bought a set for theirs , from James.

Also...the generic picture is pretty much what they look like .

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've heard that also, ppls only complaint is that they stick out past the cage a bit. But I have 12inch wide tires on the rear and 1inch spacers in the back as well. I also I have ordered the koplin fender flares and the stick out pretty far also so the doors shouldn't be as much of a hindrance on mine as they would be on a stock rhino. Guess we will see. Thanks for your info though.

· Registered
355 Posts
get em.. you love em. you stay mostly clean and dry all ride..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.