Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cam Shaaw if you're still out there--excellent post on this repair. Question..... You have to move the diff and not just pull the u-joint pin and move the joint forward? Too long of a shaft in there? Thank you everyone as you saved me a good amount of money and down time.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle brake Automotive fuel system Automotive design

Font Pattern Publication Paper Design

·
Registered
616 Posts
Unbolt front diff and slide it forward just a bit -shaft will drop out of the u-joint yoke-it’s the fastest way -Cam has moved on to other stuff these days and stopped messing with rhinos-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DOS. Just surprised pulling the universal first does not give enough room to drop the yoke. Will follow direction once the seal arrives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worked well. Regardless of where Cam is now it was a great help. s2k1 was actually the one most spot on. Loose nut, but I changed the seal while in there anyhow. As for pulling the C-clip, no one local knew of a proper tool. I ending up plucking it with $0.99 Harbor Freight hook and pick tools which tool all of 30 seconds after spending 30 minutes hunts for a proper tool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts