Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What length shocks are needed for a Mid Travel kit? I have heard of some people using stock length (after market) shocks, but I have also heard that will limit the travel. Please help!

Reason for asking is I have good line on Mid travel kit for pretty cheap just needs shocks.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Really depends on the kit some kits will run stock length shocks and other require longer shocks

·
Registered
114 Posts
I used to have a lonestar midtravel with out of the box steel body stock length bilteins. Worked great my first race ever at worcs, which has everything big jumps big whoops etc I layed down the fastest lap of all classes combined 3, 2 and 1in a otherwise bone stock rhino. I hit everything wide open and the shocks worked Great

So what Im saying is if the suspension works the stock lengths will work, even if you go with like an 8" shock your still limited by the length of the arm and the max axle angles

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think that most of the mid travel kits use the stock length shock.
My LSR mid travel does. I have the Bilstiens that the kit came with and they are great
They do work a lot better with an aftermarket shock that is tunable vs. the stockers that come on the rhino, unless you have the stock piggy back which should work good

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input! I just picked up a set of ELKAs for pretty cheap. They are stage 1 fronts with piggy back rears, for the price I couldnt say no LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts