Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the exhaust side of my snorkel melting. It is not melting from exhaust or head it is coming out of the belt housing. HELP

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I am having the exhaust side of my snorkel melting. It is not melting from exhaust or head it is coming out of the belt housing. HELP
You have restricted the air flow through the CVT housing. You will soon destroy the CVT rollers, sliders, and belt, if you do not open it back up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would it be for the snorkel size or something in the housing blocking the air flow

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
is it the stock snorkel or has you built your own?
mine is snorkeled with 1.5" pipe and its no where near being warm enough to melt anything

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is build out of 1 1/2 pvc with a new belt and hunter works od weights and slides all greaseless

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
It is build out of 1 1/2 pvc with a new belt and hunter works od weights and slides all greaseless

Your not getting enough air flowing through the housing. I had a filter on mine when I first took it out. The CVT got so hot from the restriction at the intake that it melted a hole in the exhaust tubing right at the first 90 degree turn. I took the filter off and have never had a problem since. If you go through deep water alot, I would make it out of the largest tubing I could fit in there and make sure you don't put anything over the openings. I don't know about the 660's but if it is a 700, make sure the fan mounted on the secondary sheeve is in good shape.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a 700 I will take it all back down and check the fan and go to 2 inch pipe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I broke the housing back down to find everything was fine. I will start the 2" run tomorrow to see if that fixes the problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts