1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:: PRODUCT REVIEW ::

MACHINE TRIX BILLET SIDE MIRRORS
By: Tony Carricaburu

Description: These mirrors can be seen in the dunes on buggies, at the desert races on trophy trucks and truggys, and maybe soon we'll start seeing them hit the rock-crawling market as well. Machine Trix is now offering these beefy billet side mirrors in a slightly less overkill model that works great for smaller applications like Rhino's. The machined mount is designed to clamp directly onto the Rhino roll-cage and sports all the great features as its big brother.

*Click on Link to read the full article.

Product Review Link: http://offroad-review.com/new/index.php?page=60

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
they won't work to well in the rock crawling market...they'll get mess up first hit the mirror takes. rear view mirror would work better in that market

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea they might get a little rock-rashed here and there but if your a good driver your not on your side much so they'd probably hold up for a while. Besides, if you dont tighten them super tight they'll be able to spin on the tube if you do roll or hit to hard.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
T-Tate will tell you that in the picture where they are mounted is a dangerous location. When he rolled his Rhino the mirrors can in and pinned his wrist, breaking it against the steering wheel.

I would definitely moved those up out of the way.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yea they did a number on my hand and when I reinstalled them
on my new cage my stupid ass didn't put them up high enough.
Now I need to move them up and hope there is not marks on
my powder coating. The last hit on my roll was really hard on
the drivers side and I believe I didn't have the mirror clamped
super tight which probably prevented the mirror from breaking
but wasn't good for my hand. I honestly don't know if the mirror
pinned my hand or if during the impact my hand came loose from
the wheel and hit the mirror. Still I think these mirrors are definitely
nice and high quality.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could see that being a potential problem, I'll probably move mine down a few inches though. I dont like them that high up.

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I probably would pass on these due to the price. I was browsing around today and the square side wink size mirrors can be had for $25 per side. These are cool but are around $200 a set.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I probably would pass on these due to the price. I was browsing around today and the square side wink size mirrors can be had for $25 per side. These are cool but are around $200 a set.
Where did you find these square side mirrors?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
467 Posts
For powder coating they tear down into 4 pieces, Mine are p/c black, and I keep mine super tight and have rolled it 3 different times, and had NO problems with them no matter how tight I made them they have rolled in a little to clear or not at all one time nothing but some branch scratches on mine from hitting trees all the time!!! These Mirrors are worth every Penny and I believe B&A and I know Jagged X sell these for ALot less then retail...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I love these mirrors, I run them on my race rhino, and we have carried them for awhile. Gary is a way cool guy to deal with. We carry them for 1.75" and 2.0". They are by far the most functional mirrors out there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts