Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting real close to purchasing a long travel kit. With all the kits out there I have narrowed my choises doen to 3. Mason motorsports, Shaws metal, and Toxic Rhino. Any thoughts on these 3 kits? :1zhelp:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'm getting real close to purchasing a long travel kit. With all the kits out there I have narrowed my choises doen to 3. Mason motorsports, Shaws metal, and Toxic Rhino. Any thoughts on these 3 kits? :1zhelp:
From all of the reviews I've seen Mason Motorsports seems like the ticket.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
From all of the reviews I've seen Mason Motorsports seems like the ticket.
I have installed 1 mason kit. The install was easy and the rhino rides very nice. It had great instructions also. The only complaints I had were the shocks came without the springs installed, and no spanner wrenches and no mounts for the remote resivoirs. Remote resivoir shocks were optional.

I am not sure about the box look of it, I kind of like the tube arms more, but that is purely looks, not function.

·
Registered
212 Posts

Mason for sure!

And i wouldnt buy sheit from Shaws! some friends of mine have had some bad experiences with them.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
The only good kit there is the Mason kit... the other 2 kits I wouldnt put on my Rhino even if they were free.

Mason is a great kit and works well with your stock suspension parts. No need to spend more precious money to get beefed up spindles or other components.

Why did you narrow it down to these 3 kits...?

·
Registered
297 Posts
don't do toxic rhino, i have heard horror stories. I say the ticket is either Rhino Mafia, Rhino Craft, or Lonestar

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've actually spoke to Mason Motorsports already, and I'm leaning towards their LT kit. The other two I'm mostly curoius about. Since I'm not going to race my Rhino but would like to beat on it without fear of breaking or roll overs, I just want to know my options. Some kits just look weak by the photo, other companies just don't tell you much in their ads. I want the most bang for my buck basically, doesn't everyone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Out of those three I'd go with the Mason Kit. I'd check out LSR, Rhino Craft and my personal choice, Rhino Mafia before I made my final choice though.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The Mason kit is real cool, and I have installed one, and sold a set of my tie rods to the owner of the rhino only after pretzeling his tie rod after one trip out, and the other guy already has his kit, and has popped a tie rod end off at Glamis, and we had to drag him back to camp with my HD Diesel. What an adventure! I had a chance to show him my tie rods on my buddy's mason kit, and he was sold! Another satisifed customer. I have developed this kit because of the fact that most long travel companies just throw in extensions because tie rod kits would promote bump steer. My setup won't 'at all' if installed correctly. There is just 2 optional ways to install them. My site is finally up, you can see for yourself. WWW.SOUTHBAYRHINO.COM. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the input folks! I'm pretty much sold on the Mason kit.
How much for the tie rods?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Seeing as I have a rhinomafia kit, I am partial to Them, I beat the crap out of mine,I have had an axle issue, Not the fault of rhinomafia by the way. Now, Ask yourself this, how many kit manufactures Are going to do everything they can do, to get you back up and running when you do have a problem? When you are part of the FAMILY, that is the way they treat you. The guys at rhinomafia are one of the best builders and stand behind there stuff. and even other customers will go out of there way to help.(THANK'S AGAIN BRIAN)

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Mason is a good kit, there is no denying that.

My top 3 are

:hail: Rhino Mafia $5100 Fox Shocks
LSR XTR kit $4999 Bilstein Shocks
Mason Motorsports $you know the price

They are TROUBLE-FREE long travel suspensions...

Toxic Rhino from what I understand early on completely copied SCF, Shaws... well you can be the guinea pig. :indifferent:

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Mason is a good kit, there is no denying that.

My top 3 are

:hail: Rhino Mafia $5100 Fox Shocks
LSR XTR kit $4999 Bilstein Shocks
Mason Motorsports $you know the price

They are TROUBLE-FREE long travel suspensions...

Funny thing, I went riding with about 4 non-long travel rhinos and they were down on long travel... They had the impression that LT rhinos were nothing but problems... this is true, esp if you dont do any research.

Toxic Rhino from what I understand early on completely copied SCF, Shaws... well you can be the guinea pig. :indifferent:

I agree with Mr O .... I have done months of research on LT kits ..... I took into consideration price, durability, function, customer service and overall performance ..... Here are the top 3 (in no particular order) ..... you can argue all day as to which is the best of the 3. Bottom line is .... They are all GREAT kits and you cant go wrong with any of the three kits listed .......

1. Rhino Mafia
2. LSR
3. Mason

Rhinocraft also deserves honorable mention .... they make a great kit ..... the only reason they didnt make my list is there price is pretty high ........

I would stay away from the other 2 kits that you listed .... I have heard nothing but bad stuff about them ....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks folks. This is the input I needed. Mason is my first choice, but I will do more research on Rhino Mafia, and LSR.

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
well i might as well throw in my .02

1. LTR / Bad Ass Rhino - $5100 with Kings
2. Rhino Mafia - $5100 with Fox
3. LSR XTR - $5000 with Kings or $4850 with Bilstiens

I have yet to have the pleasure of driving or riding in a Mafia kit, but I have only heard good things about them.

The LTR kit is 5" kit and we pound the **** out of them and have never ever had 1 single problem, minus a effed up mixed up axle, one time.

They bolt right up, packaged nice, clean welds, kits just flawless in my opinion.

Mr. O & DannyG use the mafia kit and swear by it.. good enough for me from those tow.

and the rest of the Mafia are great guys and bust ass to get product out, cant go wrong with that. customer service goes a long wwaaaayy.

·
Vendor
9,660 Posts
No, none of the kits we sell use gorillas, they use 300m or other custom axles. We never have problems with axles so why spend the unneeded money

·
Registered
309 Posts
I 2nd the LTR/BADASS kit. The only issue I had was in
the begining before they went to 300m axles.Since no
issues at all and I run it hard.I know **** can happen at
any time with any kit but I go out on every trip confident
that I will not have Issues. Plus Nick and Dave will stand
behind that kit if they install it. Just my .02

1 - 20 of 24 Posts