Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the kit! And im super stoked! but my shocks i ordered from Elka are not in yet. My question is... i want to put the Kit on this weekend since i have free time. am i going to have a problem just running the stock shocks for a weekend or should i wait until my Elkas arrive?

Thanks

·
Life serves the risk taker
4,197 Posts
I believe the stock shocks will be very very bouncy with not enough spring force. If your talking about leaving the stockers on just to hold up the rhino until the aftermarkets arrive, I can't imagine why that wouldn't work.

If you drive it, I don't think it will damage the rhino, it will just be very bouncy and will bottom the suspension alot.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I'd run it...more stability at least. Also, you'll have the difficult part of the install out of the way. The shocks install will be a cinch later. You can't really dial in the stock shocks, but it should feel alot better that stock arms.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
you should be fine. The will bolt on with out issues. I can say that you will want to max out the spring pre-load adjustment using a big pipe wrech (make them stiffer). We haven't actually driven the car with the stock shocks, but when i bolted them on the car just to see what it would do, i could stand on the back bumper and jump up and down, and make the car bottom. This was with a 4 seat cage, and jettrim rear bench, and all 150 lbs of me.. so it will be very soft, and will probably bottom out easy. But you won't hurt anything except the stock shocks from excessive bottoming. So tear it up.. but be advised they will be really soft!

Greg

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O.K. cool thanks for the info. My shocks are supposed to be here next week so i was going to install this weekend. but if they didnt show up i wanted make sure i wouldnt hurt anything running the stockers for a weekend at the dunes.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Started the install today! everything went well so far. i started late so i basically just got the front torn apart and the new axles put into the cv's.

Here's some picks

·
Registered
100 Posts
let us know what you think of the +3 kit when it's all said and done. I am thinking hard about the +3 for my ride. I'm in a muddy and thickly wooded area so width is a big concern. +3 seems just right for me..

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished :)

Mad props to LSR everything went together like it was OEM parts.

Now, hopefully my shocks show up on Tuesday and i'll be all good for this weekend! if not i'll be bombing the stockers!

anybody else heading to Glamis next weekend?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice duelys.....:headbang:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.