Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this sounds wierd, but when we ice race the lower to the ice we can make our Rhino the better. Has anyone ever lowered one and if so how? I can see where I can use a Raptor lowering kit to lower the front end 2-3". However the rear has an issue with the lowering kit interfering with the axle. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy

2006 Rhino
Trinity Racing Clutch
Heavy duty belt
Mountain Performance CDI Box
DMC dual exhaust system
2" spacers on passenger side
Walker Evans race shocks
Wescio Piston
Webcam cam
Polished and ported

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Shorter, stiffer springs, and probably limit straps to keep from over extending everything. This will reduce your travel, but for ice racing, that should not matter.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
If you have a bed delete could you install a rear shock mount with different top mount locations? Racing on ice looks like a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Fox FLOAT air shocks. Let the air out and you'll crush cans, air them back up and hit the trails. You can even air down just one side for racing. Used to have them on my LT kit.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Welcome to the forums
Are you going to give Dayne a run for his money this year?

Mike

I know this sounds wierd, but when we ice race the lower to the ice we can make our Rhino the better. Has anyone ever lowered one and if so how? I can see where I can use a Raptor lowering kit to lower the front end 2-3". However the rear has an issue with the lowering kit interfering with the axle. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Randy

2006 Rhino
Trinity Racing Clutch
Heavy duty belt
Mountain Performance CDI Box
DMC dual exhaust system
2" spacers on passenger side
Walker Evans race shocks
Wescio Piston
Webcam cam
Polished and ported

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the limit strap idea for a fast, easy ultra cheap idea. It'll ride like hell, but shouldn't be TOO much an issue.

If you want to keep the travel, which you might for the front at least. Make a reverse version of the CFM 2" lift kit. Where the wings come out and then go up to get the drop you want.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to everyone. Have a great Christmas. I will put a finished product picture in the forum later.
Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.