Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share my satisfaction with my Rhintax, again. Memorial weekend I took it to Pismo. Mine is a fairly heavy four seater, stock Rotax 800 (stock internals). The Rhintax ran flawlessly. I most always had four people in it (two adults and two teenagers).

At the drags I ran two different RZR 4's. For those who don't know Pismo drags it is on a incline about 1/8 mile long. One of the RZR's had two adults, the other had four young teenagers. Now I didn't build this Rhintax just for the drags but the power and torque really showed here. I had the four of us in mine. Every run I beat the RZR's by no less than 2 car lengths. I'm not bashing the RZR's. I'm just surprised how well mine did against them.

On Saturday and Sunday nights I hung out with Ronnie Renner as he was there with his Red Bull gang. On Sunday Renner brought out his RZR S with us to comp hill after the Red Bull party. With just him in his RZR and two adults in my Rhintax he had no chance against me. He gave me some good props in particular to my launches off the top of comp. Props to LSR for my awesome mid travel!

On Easter I took the Rhintax to Ridgecrest for the week. I was lovin' the 4wd and reliability. A R1 certainly would not be enjoyable on some of those long slow inclines.

To kind of sum it up I am so glad I went this route. While the R1 would be more power, the R1 is more for a specific style of riding. Those who ride with me will tell you I don't just cruise and for having 3-4 people in it all the time I can haul some a$$!

If you are already knee deep in you Rhino I would consider this swap. Props to the XP's out there but I've got to have a 4 seater. And with all the upgrades I've done to mine, including the Rotax swap, I still have less money in mine than the cost of an XP.

·
Administrator
2,229 Posts
I just wanted to share my satisfaction with my Rhintax, again. Memorial weekend I took it to Pismo. Mine is a fairly heavy four seater, stock Rotax 800 (stock internals). The Rhintax ran flawlessly. I most always had four people in it (two adults and two teenagers).

At the drags I ran two different RZR 4's. For those who don't know Pismo drags it is on a incline about 1/8 mile long. One of the RZR's had two adults, the other had four young teenagers. Now I didn't build this Rhintax just for the drags but the power and torque really showed here. I had the four of us in mine. Every run I beat the RZR's by no less than 2 car lengths. I'm not bashing the RZR's. I'm just surprised how well mine did against them.

On Saturday and Sunday nights I hung out with Ronnie Renner as he was there with his Red Bull gang. On Sunday Renner brought out his RZR S with us to comp hill after the Red Bull party. With just him in his RZR and two adults in my Rhintax he had no chance against me. He gave me some good props in particular to my launches off the top of comp. Props to LSR for my awesome mid travel!

On Easter I took the Rhintax to Ridgecrest for the week. I was lovin' the 4wd and reliability. A R1 certainly would not be enjoyable on some of those long slow inclines.

To kind of sum it up I am so glad I went this route. While the R1 would be more power, the R1 is more for a specific style of riding. Those who ride with me will tell you I don't just cruise and for having 3-4 people in it all the time I can haul some a$$!

If you are already knee deep in you Rhino I would consider this swap. Props to the XP's out there but I've got to have a 4 seater. And with all the upgrades I've done to mine, including the Rotax swap, I still have less money in mine than the cost of an XP.
Awesome testimonial.....:fingersx:......Lance

·
Registered
451 Posts
AMEN! I couldn't make it that weekend to Pismo I had some work to finish up back home :/ but I didn't go without ripping up the Rotax that weekend and let me tell you I'm can't keep the grin off my face this thing has killer torque! I too got it on two wheels with just a buddy sitting in the back lol! This is gonna be a great summer!!!

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Nice write up Dean. On my next trip to Lemoore, I will contact you to see if its possible to check out your build. Sounds like its alot of fun!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice write up Dean. On my next trip to Lemoore, I will contact you to see if its possible to check out your build. Sounds like its alot of fun!
Sure thing!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AMEN! I couldn't make it that weekend to Pismo I had some work to finish up back home :/ but I didn't go without ripping up the Rotax that weekend and let me tell you I'm can't keep the grin off my face this thing has killer torque! I too got it on two wheels with just a buddy sitting in the back lol! This is gonna be a great summer!!!
I gotta see this thing now that it's running!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Same here. Im also running the heavy 4 seater. And after 6 or 7 trips to the Utah Little Sahara Dune area I have'nt had any problems at all. This set-up is definetly the way to go. No regrets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts