Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here but not to rhino. I have a 2009 rhino 700 since new. The only mods are dynatek piggyback and a machined sheeve. Stock tires. 3500 miles on the unit. Until recently I would get 58 mph with window down and 56 with it up. It’s top speed now is 48. Can’t figure out where to go next. Here is what I have done to it to attempt to correct the problem. Cleaned and regreased the primary, new belt and wet clutch with slugs added, new air filter, adjust throttle cable, added a air fuel meter and fine tuned the dynatek, checked all brakes and wheel bearings ( no slack or dragging). The only thing I can think of that I haven’t tried is possibly the secondary or the ecu. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running out of power. Also noticed a little loss of power throughout acceleration but that is my seat dyno. I have also checked exhaust restriction and it’s free flowing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also forgot that I have replaced the spark plug with a new NGK and checked fuel pressure which was in spec.

·
Vendor
3,509 Posts
Running out of power. Also noticed a little loss of power throughout acceleration but that is my seat dyno. I have also checked exhaust restriction and it’s free flowing.
If not hitting limiter then it is not in the clutch, loss of power for some reason

Did you check that fuel pressure while driving at that top speed or just idle? If idle must drive it

Then if that is ok, engine might be getting tired

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked fuel pressure while idling and running at top speed. Just think 3500 mile is kind of soon to need to refresh an engine. There was one instance that i felt the power return to old feeling but was on trail and couldn’t check top speed but next time was back to usual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts