Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eight out of ten times I go to start the Rhino, I turn the key on and start it right up. The other times, I turn the key on and NOTHING! No power, no instruments; turn the key and nothing.

Since all of this started, I have learned that if I open the front cover, remove the battery box cover and lightly tap the row of breakers, the power comes back on and off we go.

So obviously the issue is one of the breakers – but which one? It is hard to test a working breaker and the couple of times I tried to test them when the power is out, simply messing around with any of them triggers whichever one is stuck! I did replace the starter relay, but that did not solve the problem.

Other than carrying around a pair of pliers or small hammer, any thoughts on how to locate the offending breaker? Obviously, simply replacing all of them is not really cost effective.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Download the manual and chase the primary power circuit. From the ignition switch, my guess is it hits a relay in the battery box. Should be fairly simple to isolate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts