Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LOORS and DragonFire Racing Opens Last Round of Primm to All Rhino’s with Rhino Motors.
The Final Round at Primm Valley Motorsports Complex November 14th and 15th will be the biggest field yet, allowing everyone who has a race Vehicle out to Primm Nevada for the last race of the Season. DragonFIre Racing and LOORS have agreed to let all Rhino’s with Rhino Motors enter the 700 Class. We are trying to see how to expand the 700 class next year. Racers have asked for motor swaps, Displacement changes and weight regulation; we are saying bring it all. We need to learn from this race so we can expand the class next year.
Lee Perfect from LOORS and Todd Romano from DragonFire Racing both agreed that the Series has been a tremendous success this year, and we want to bring it back even bigger next year. We have one of the biggest fields in the series, and by letting more vehicles on track, and changing up the tracks next year we feel that the racing will only get better.
We will use the information we learn from this race to build a class for this vehicle next year. We believe that we can have both the Limited UTV and Modified Rhino run in the same class. We hope that this brings a lot of X racers to Primm for the final Race. Primm is an amazing facility with several elevation changes and High speed corners. We hope this is enough notice to allow everyone to race.
There has been a lot of talk about R1 motor Swaps, or Teryx Motor Swaps we feel that allowing existing vehicles to race is least expensive way to get everyone racing. Don’t change a thing, just come out and drive. DragonFire Racing is Putting up and additional $500 Cash for the first place winner in this class.
We are working on some additional cost savings for this onetime event for the new drivers. Lee Perfect will have this out shortly.
I want to thank LORRS for Putting on a great Series and my staff and Drivers for winning the 700 class this year. We head to Baja next month to win the Baja 1000 and bring home our second championship of the season.
Updates will be posted on our web site and blog.
Kawasaki Teryx Performance & Accessories Yamaha Rhino Accessories, Yamaha Rhino Performance, Arctic Cat Prowler, Polaris Ranger & RZR, Custom Yamaha Rhino @ DragonFireRacing.com
Dragon Fire Racing Blog
See you all at the races.
Todd Romano
DragonFire Racing

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
So, maybe Im just reading it wrong, are you saying any Rhino with ANY motor can enter the 700 class for this race? Streetbike and Rotax swaps included?

Or are you saying your just going to let the 660/700 based rhinos have a class to themselves?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, maybe Im just reading it wrong, are you saying any Rhino with ANY motor can enter the 700 class for this race? Streetbike and Rotax swaps included?

Or are you saying your just going to let the 660/700 based rhinos have a class to themselves?
Any Rhino with any size Rhino Motor can run. No Motor Swap.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
then you might want to re-word this statement

"Racers have asked for motor swaps, Displacement changes and weight regulation; we are saying bring it all. We need to learn from this race so we can expand the class next year. "

It reads a little confusing.

G-

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Just talked to Lee......

Post retracted to avoid confusion. PM sent to Dragonfire.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Yes, this means motor swaps are OK and encouraged to race this last race.
? So Motor swap yes, or motor swap no. Im really confused now.

Id like to know fore sure, as Ill definitely step up my SR1 conversion if were going to be able to race. But if not, Im going to take my time. If they arent opening it up to Motorswaps, then who are they opening it too? Rhinos with more than 800 ccs? Not many of them out there...

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Yes, this means motor swaps are OK and encouraged to race this last race.
? So Motor swap yes, or motor swap no. Im really confused now.

Id like to know fore sure, as Ill definitely step up my SR1 conversion if were going to be able to race. But if not, Im going to take my time. If they arent opening it up to Motorswaps, then who are they opening it too? Rhinos with more than 800 ccs? Not many of them out there...
As you can see, I retracted my post above. Doesn't mean it is wrong, just don't want to add to the confusion. I PMd Todd/Chris @ Dragonfire and asked them to edit and clarify the situation. I thought I knew the answer, but maybe not. :33:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Clarification on what can run

Just talked to Lee......

Clarity on Motor Swap: Lee Perfect will post more this evening, but here is the reason for no motor swap.
There are many teams in a heated point’s battle in the 600 class; we cannot make this a free for all. Since existing rhino Race Vehicles can race in either the 700 or 600 classes today. Most racers are not racing the vehicle because it is not competitive in the 600 class and they have too many mods to run in the 700 class. If we let these vehicles race in the 700 class they will once again be competitive and hopefully bring more racers to the series. Since DragonFire Racing has won the 700 class championship we will not be affecting any team and we will let Race Legal Rhino Chassis with Rhino Motors of any displacement run in the 700 class.
So if you have a Rhino that can pass tech safety, and it has a Rhino Motor, you can race.
There will not be any motor Swap Rhino’s allowed in the field at Primm. We are doing this to insure the 600 class can race to the finish.
Todd
DragonFire Racing

·
Registered
609 Posts
This is perfect for the guys like me that run a 686 that cant keep up with the 800 teryx, but are perfect against a mild built bolt on performance products teryx. Correct? If this is the case than you are right it will bring out more racers like me that can only afford to race the built rhino they already have. If i am correct here i am pretty sure this will get me out there racing.......

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is perfect for the guys like me that run a 686 that cant keep up with the 800 teryx, but are perfect against a mild built bolt on performance products teryx. Correct? If this is the case than you are right it will bring out more racers like me that can only afford to race the built rhino they already have. If i am correct here i am pretty sure this will get me out there racing.......
This is correct and see you there. Anyone that plans to attend please let us know. Since it will be your first time at LOORS there are things we want to put in place prior to you arriving.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
My prediction is you will get 2 or 3 people to enter the 700 class, at most. Obviously Rog will stay in Pro, as will anyone else in the points. Maybe get a few people that have parked their rhinos to pull them back out, but for one race??. Doubt it.

But the costs involved to get radios/neck restraints etc, all the stuff needed to race, along with entry fees and drivers/spotters licenses, just to run one race.. Probably is going to keep most from entering. Then add on the short notice. Makes it daunting for the first time racer, or even one that has raced before but not this year.

And they are still going to look slow, and boring to the people in the stands.. :(

But, theres not going to be many, if any, sorted out motorswap racers ready for this race either, except for Corry of course.

Sorry, but I think LOORRS is missing out big time on this one.. Maybe Ill go do a big smokey burnout in their parking lot once I get my SR1 swap done, to show them why! (they are right down the street from my shop). :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My prediction is you will get 2 or 3 people to enter the 700 class, at most. Obviously Rog will stay in Pro, as will anyone else in the points. Maybe get a few people that have parked their rhinos to pull them back out, but for one race??. Doubt it.

But the costs involved to get radios/neck restraints etc, all the stuff needed to race, along with entry fees and drivers/spotters licenses, just to run one race.. Probably is going to keep most from entering. Then add on the short notice. Makes it daunting for the first time racer, or even one that has raced before but not this year.

And they are still going to look slow, and boring to the people in the stands.. :(

But, theres not going to be many, if any, sorted out motorswap racers ready for this race either, except for Corry of course.

Sorry, but I think LOORRS is missing out big time on this one.. Maybe Ill go do a big smokey burnout in their parking lot once I get my SR1 swap done, to show them why! (they are right down the street from my shop). :)
Lee Perfect is working on a Cost effective way to have everyone that wants to race the one race can. That was a concern of mine, but Lee belives he will have something for everyone.

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
Just talked to Lee......

Clarity on Motor Swap: Lee Perfect will post more this evening, but here is the reason for no motor swap.
There are many teams in a heated point’s battle in the 600 class; we cannot make this a free for all. Since existing rhino Race Vehicles can race in either the 700 or 600 classes today. Most racers are not racing the vehicle because it is not competitive in the 600 class and they have too many mods to run in the 700 class. If we let these vehicles race in the 700 class they will once again be competitive and hopefully bring more racers to the series. Since DragonFire Racing has won the 700 class championship we will not be affecting any team and we will let Race Legal Rhino Chassis with Rhino Motors of any displacement run in the 700 class.
So if you have a Rhino that can pass tech safety, and it has a Rhino Motor, you can race.
There will not be any motor Swap Rhino’s allowed in the field at Primm. We are doing this to insure the 600 class can race to the finish.
Todd
DragonFire Racing

Lee Perfect is working on a Cost effective way to have everyone that wants to race the one race can. That was a concern of mine, but Lee belives he will have something for everyone.
I am all for this, except, they need to be in their own race. put the 700 and 800 class UTV's together.
I am sorry, but I don't want my chances of competing against my class (600) messed up by other cars that have not raced short course. the 600 class is the biggest out there, with 2/3/4 championship positions within 11 points total.

and since this is on RF.net. I am representing the Yamaha Rhino in a field of twin cyl machines, give me a chance at least in the last two races, heads up. lol

Rog

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I totally agree with Rog. No matter what happens, put the non pro cars by themselves. At my 1 LOORRS race, I started 3rd after the mandatory caution, and felt like I was Fred Flistoning it when they restarted, and I got a good start. I just didnt have the power. I know what to do in that situation, but I would hate for a new driver to mess up the points leaders, just to get a few extra cars on the track. Especially at the last race of the year.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I totally agree with Rog. No matter what happens, put the non pro cars by themselves. At my 1 LOORRS race, I started 3rd after the mandatory caution, and felt like I was Fred Flistoning it when they restarted, and I got a good start. I just didnt have the power. I know what to do in that situation, but I would hate for a new driver to mess up the points leaders, just to get a few extra cars on the track. Especially at the last race of the year.
These cars can currently run in the 600 class at LOORS, and some are most likely legal in the 700 class. But if we group them all in the 700 class, they will show up and have a competitive race.
LOORS does not have room for another class, that is why the three UTV classes have run together all year.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Interesting......so, does that mean that the faster 600 class Rhinos will now be in the same class as the slower, limited Rhinos? Wouldn't that frustrate the 700 class racers if faster cars are now allowed to run with them? Maybe I'm getting my classes mixed up?

I hope this helps the numbers for the last race.....it's an awesome series and more racers should take advantage of any breaks LOORRS is going to be able to give them for this last event!

As for the motor-swap peeps (ie - ME)...I knew I was taking myself out of the season when we started the SR1 project (thanks for last weekend, LOORRS!) - however, the SR1's are coming (brap brap!), and hopefully negotiations can start soon for next season! :) Woot!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
If the whole point is to get more cars on the track, why not let the rhinos run the 700 class, and the motorswap rhinos run the 800 class (which is already a 1000cc class)? There are more streetbike swap racers being built right now than there are rhino motor based cars being built. Neither class has more of a chance at messing up the points leaders standings, especially if the 800 class is started at the back of the field.

There has never been more than 2 or 3 cars in the 700 class, or more than 1 car in the 800 class at any given race. So even a few more cars in each will be a huge improvement.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts