Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm looking at a used rhino that is built for desert racing. I'm new to the rhino but not new to sxs I have a dasa built 840 teryx with a long travel kit but the wife is starting to want me to get my own so I don't trash hers. Well the rhino I'm looking at has a benchmark 686, 41 fcr, bronco clutch, muzzy exhaust, so-cal 6 over with 20" fox 2.0' prw radiator, oil cooler, I'm thinking the widin the frame and droped the seats and tube the hole frame, it's got gorilla cv's with summer brother axles. The guy told me he spent 7500 on the motor at benchmark but told me I would need to call Chris to get the full specs on the motor. I'm just wondering how the power of a motor like this would be compared to my 840 teryx that dynoed at 72 hp. Plus how is the so-cal long travel and I guess anything to look at before buying something like this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I highly doubt that 686 will be as fast as your teryx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I talked to benchmark this week and they said that it had bigger valves ported head, carile rod, 12.5 to 1 cp piston some kind of steel gear that I'm not sure what they were talking about. They said that it should be a 65 mph car tho.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
I dont think that will run as good as your 840 but it will be a runner. I used to have the exact set up and my car ran well. I also used to own a SCF kit and I ended up with 3 compressed Vertabre in my back because I bottomed the chassis before the shocks bottomed out. I dont know if your plan is to race this or make it a duner but keep in mind, keep it light.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I went and drove the car today and it doesn't have the power that I'm looking for. The car is really really nice for the price but to use it in the sand it would need a lot more power then it has now. So now I'm back to the drawing board.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts