Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to build a full set of 4 axles for my rhino.. i have about 1300 to spend.. i want to build the best axles i can for the money but im not 100% sure what do use.. im looking at summit bro 300m axles shafts and gearone cages.but i have stripped the little part that goes on the axle so how will making the rest better help that.. im looking for any info i can get thanks guys

·
Registered
120 Posts
JUST CALL SUMMERS BROTHERS RACING AND TALK WITH JOSE!

1 yr warranty you cant go wrong!

I use the stock CV'S with summers brothers axels and have not had 1 issue yet.
RHINO 660 with LT plus 6 kit!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have broke stock cv with stock axles

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so your saying more then 1300 for the best axles?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are the empi cv joints as good as stock hubs with gear one cages?? i plan on running summit 300m axles i think unless someone thinks there is better

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Summers Bros 300M's with Gear One baskets in my Rhino.
I've broken several axles and CV's before stepping up to this combo, no problems since.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what do you run in the front for basket as i see gear one only makes parts for the rear

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im looking at maybe getting a set of turner axles starting to think they might be the strongest out there

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
what do you run in the front for basket as i see gear one only makes parts for the rear
I only run the 300M's and gear one's in the back axles.
I've never broken a front and I have spares if I do.

I'd suspect that few people ever brake the fronts, it always seems like the backs go.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have broke front axles but then again i use my rhino for mudding/tail riding so it dont see jumps and wot landings but it does get in a bind sometimes lol

I only run the 300M's and gear one's in the back axles.
I've never broken a front and I have spares if I do.

I'd suspect that few people ever brake the fronts, it always seems like the backs go.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
stay out of the mud ????

LOL, just kidding.

you can get the 300M's for the front, and use the Gear One baskets for the outside's - I don't think they have them for the insides....yet
all the outsides are the same, front and back.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ive broke several Summer brothers axles, the 4340s and the 300m's, my buddys have also broke several of them and were all stock rhinos, no lifts. And he won't warranty them. I think there junk personally.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i think summerbrothers dont really care to sell anything or stand behind what they have sold.. i have emailed and emailed them and nothing....lsr and turner is by far better to deal with

1 - 14 of 14 Posts