Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for a night ride lastnight and have decided that I want some more light output. I ride mostly back roads and woods and want to be able to really light things up when I feel the urge. I'm really liking the slim design of the LED bars vs. some 4 or 7" HID's mounted on the roof. Alot of the trails I frequent are tight and low and would rip off some roof mounted lights in no time.

Just wants to get some thoughts on what bars you guys recommend/run. Not sure if a 10" would do the trick or if I should go as big as 30." I just want something that when I flip it on its worth every penny.

Also, any pics at night of your bars would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
if u have the cash a led bar is nice - but gonna atleast need a 30'' yes,

other wise 5. 4'' hid's will do the trick and give u more side light

only problem with 1 led bar is all your light is straight fwd - now if u got 2 - 20'' led bars and angled them u be style, lol

·
Registered
347 Posts
The 30" has the center beam and two side beams! E series are the bomb and will blow your mind! I put a loop around mine and it is protected from branches ETC! It will turn night into day!

·
Registered
140 Posts
The 30" has the center beam and two side beams! E series are the bomb and will blow your mind! I put a loop around mine and it is protected from branches ETC! It will turn night into day!
I agree the Rigid E series are crazy bright and we are having a killer sale on them right now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If cash isn't a problem do 2 40" e series stacked. Angle them to the left and right... well that's my dream setup btw.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have the 42" on my Rhino. Give Kent a call at Bakersfield Rhino. Great prices and a nice guy to deal with. i think I paid $750 for my light bar. I also replaced my stock head lights with some HID 6K.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I had Rigid make me a custom 46" light and it is bright as hell. The side reflectors have a 30 degree pattern on them so side light is not an issue unless you feel you need more. If so, get some of their small duallies and point them outward.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I still haven't made up my mind yet. I love the sleek look of the led bar, plus In my area, NOBODY has one and probably haven't even seen one. The "cool" factor of being the first of my riding buddies is very tempting, lol.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
40" Rigid E-series. For sure!! I just put on on my race rhino, very nice, and comes with all the wiring/relay/switch, everything.

Give the shop a call, we have ridiculous pricing on these (so low we can't advertise it).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Went for a night ride lastnight and have decided that I want some more light output. I ride mostly back roads and woods and want to be able to really light things up when I feel the urge. I'm really liking the slim design of the LED bars vs. some 4 or 7" HID's mounted on the roof. Alot of the trails I frequent are tight and low and would rip off some roof mounted lights in no time.

Just wants to get some thoughts on what bars you guys recommend/run. Not sure if a 10" would do the trick or if I should go as big as 30." I just want something that when I flip it on its worth every penny.

Also, any pics at night of your bars would be helpful.

Thanks
Here is a photo of the Baja Designs Stealth 10" LED light pattern. This bar is 1.5" tall and 3" deep 3500 lumes. The bar is 3 modes on/off dim and strobe. And carry's a lifetime warranty. We do offer Rhino forum members a discount feel free to Pm Me for pricing.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow! That 40" is Bright! That's what I'm after, extreme brightness. I was pretty much decided on the 30, but now the 40 looks pretty good. I've been pricing them from various vendors and wonder if the price difference from 30 to 40 is justified? I'm sure the 30 will fit my needs, but man that 40 looks awesome!

WildEarp... Tried to get a price from your shop today but never got a call back. If you wanna pm me a price on the 30 and 40" E-series that woul be great.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
40" will give you 1/3 more light than a 30". Its width is also a lot better suited for the rhino cage width (just looks right). PM on its way!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Made my mind up, going with the 40" E-series.

Thanks for all the replies guys,
Matt

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
damn i know what im buying after me and my buddy pay off the rhino,quick question will the stock charging system handle the 40"?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts