Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to put a system on my rhino this weekend. looking for input what is better a head unit and speakers or a mp3/ipod a amp and speakers i have full muzzy exhuast and want to be able to hear my radio over the exhuast

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have my ipod run to an amp and speakers and it works great. I have two brothers dual exhaust and am able to hear it fine. I have my input mounted in the glove box so its clean and our of the way.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what amp are you using? how many watts rms do you have?

I have my ipod run to an amp and speakers and it works great. I have two brothers dual exhaust and am able to hear it fine. I have my input mounted in the glove box so its clean and our of the way.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
rugged radio or any race radio is badass to listen to music thru and talk , dont dump to much into a radio cuz ur prolly gonna go to headsets soon after, lol

thats if ur looking for music while driving, if u want music while ur parked well then ya a amp direct ipod hook up and sum 6x9's - lol

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think ill pass on a rugged radio or race radio there is no need for that when we are mudding or plowing dont have dunes or anything where ill be wot all day

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
i think ill pass on a rugged radio or race radio there is no need for that when we are mudding or plowing dont have dunes or anything where ill be wot all day

true , but if u can, check them out sum day on someones ride- there sik!

·
Registered
521 Posts
I put in a decent in-dash deck that accepts aux.(ipod), usb, or micro sd card. It has a remote and is 15w x 4 output. Went with four 2-way Pioneer 6" in boxes hung up in the cage. I like it the way it is but I'm sure if I had an aftermarket muffler, I'd want a 4 channel amp!

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
According to your user name, I would get a Rhino before you get a stereo...lol... Rugged Radio is the way to go no matter what kind of riding you are doing. The only good thing about a sound system is when you are not driving. Otherwise, they are pretty much useless aftermarket exhaust or not. Rugged works great in the mud, snow, silt, sand, whatever. That's what they are designed for. Not to mention, they keep your ears warm in the snow...lol...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
According to your user name, I would get a Rhino before you get a stereo...lol... Rugged Radio is the way to go no matter what kind of riding you are doing. The only good thing about a sound system is when you are not driving. Otherwise, they are pretty much useless aftermarket exhaust or not. Rugged works great in the mud, snow, silt, sand, whatever. That's what they are designed for. Not to mention, they keep your ears warm in the snow...lol...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
xx22

·
Registered
142 Posts
The WP-OU4 provides Hi-Def
stereo sound and mounts overhead to your stock cage; Installs in 15minutes with a
simple 2 wire hook up and is totally weather proof.
No more radios. Simply dock your iPod or iPhone into the water tight locker. System
features a charging dock for iPod and iPhone with built-in 50 watt x4 ultra-efficient low
power consumption digital amp designed around UTV's charging system, waterproof
speakers, wireless remote control. includes FM tuner for local radio reception with
internal FM antenna. Like all SSV Works systems, the enclosure is constructed of
fiberglass for maximum durability and the best sound quality. All systems include wiring,
mounting hardware, billet remote bracket and step-by-step instructions.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I put a pair of nice Rockford 6.5" 2 ways in SSV pods under the dash as well as a high end Rockford 10" in a sealed box under the driver seat, all running off one of Rockford's new 300 watt boosted rail type amps. The amp is mounted inside one of the sealed aluminum boxes in dash that are designed to mount a cd head unit in I have my iPod connected through a cable that curves it and concerts the sound output to RCA's that go to a volume knob, going to the amp. You can't really hear the sub when riding, but at camp it sounds great. The amp doesn't draw near as much power as traditional amps so it doesn't get hot In the sealed box. I love this setup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts