Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 700 rhino started to let out a little "chirp" from the belt when I would go to move, only a few times (maybe 4) during the day, a few in mud and a few on flat road and not even under hard acceleration. It is basically stock, od weights with a small shim (put on about a yr ago), 26" tires. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
do you run your dust cover on your primary sheave? cvt filter?

after dusty dusty silt riding my sheave got alot of dirt in it and the sliders couldn't go down all the way so when I gave it gas the force pulled it together for a quick chirp then movement.

may have some mud or dirt in it

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I don't mean to hijack but is a CVT filter necessary if you have greaseless weights?
no problem. I had the same question, with alot of mixed answers. basically DON'T RUN A FILTER lol

I ran a dry uni un oiled was ok until it caugt ALOT of dust on a long dusty ride and about 5 mikes from home I could smell belt.

I have about 600 miles on no filter with greaseless weights and just an open tube behind the seat because the previous owner cut it.

I just put my air hose in the inlet rhino running in N and rev it up and you'll see the dirt blow out.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled my cover off to take a look, looks good in there, blew it out with air, and a huge cloud of dust came out, I am running greaseless od weights, so I didnt take it appart, but spent a fair ammount of time spraying it out with air, took quite a long time to get it out (10-15min) so hopefully that is my issue, wont know till I get it out again. Thanks for all the suggestions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.