Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my Summit heater and vents and such today. I have a few ideas on how to do it but have learned from experience to ask how others did it ahead of time.

With the airbox in the middle on the 08's that limits choices to the drivers side under the hood or under the seat.

Seems to me you are supposed to keep everything under the height of the radiator to keep air from getting in there. This makes the drivers side under hood questionable.

Going under the seat looks like it can be done with the proper plumbing.

Yamaha Accessories has a heater system by Heater Craft that looks identical to the Summit heater with the exception being it has three vents instead of two. I would love to find the instructions for that to see how exactly they did it.

So can anyone post pics of their heater install and plumbing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
any pics?? i got my cab and tracks the other day and am looking at ordering this heater but like you have not decided on under the seat or under the hood. Pics would be great, Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get some over the next few days. Choices for under the hood are very slim. Under the seat worked out rather well though. I was worried about adding the extra hose length into the cooling system but it worked out just fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys, I saw a complete summit install on some website and can't find it now that I bought one. Anyone have any thoughts??

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
08 heater

i have a 08 with summit heater if utake air box out the heater will fit in behind it i made a coubel of brackets bolted to crossmenberbehind dash been there for 4 years works great no problems

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I have an 06-660 with the summit heater installed over my front driver wheel. I purchased the box for it to go in from Rhino gear. PM me if you want the instructions as I have them in PDF. I have 2 vents one over each foot area. OB helped me immensly with pics from his install. I plumbed mine taking the line from the radiator driver side. diverting to heater then back to radiato. My heater is above the driver side
front wheel. PM me for pics of my install.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
I have an 06-660 with the summit heater installed over my front driver wheel. I purchased the box for it to go in from Rhino gear. PM me if you want the instructions as I have them in PDF. I have 2 vents one over each foot area. OB helped me immensly with pics from his install. I plumbed mine taking the line from the radiator driver side. diverting to heater then back to radiato. My heater is above the driver side
front wheel. PM me for pics of my install.
Happy to help!

Id like to see your install pics.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Hey OB. A HUGE public thanks for all your help this last year with my projects.. My brake and heater project are great with your and others input.. THANK YOU the heater is much needed here in upstate NY (snow country) Temps today in the teens.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts