Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I need some help in finding a cage.. I've called several compaines about them and they all tell me different things... So I turn to you guys for help. I live in Fontana, Ca and would prefer to buy from someone local so I dont have to pay shipping charges. Also is it better to have the cage bolted into the bed vs the frame? Is one way safer than the other? Do I need a bumper? Whats a good price? Ideally I like to get a 4 seater cage, with top and cooler rack.

Thanks for the help. Just want to make sure I buy something safe for the kids!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
its ok to bolt it to the bed. but the best way is to tie it in to the frame some how.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Sorry but I have to disagree ..... Whatever cage you decide to go with do not get a cage that bolts into your bed ..... This will make it weak as the bed can crush ..... there is not enought support there .... Get a cage that bolts or is welded directly to the frame ...... Give Tim a call at PDS I beleive he is in Murrieta ..... or go to Custom Motrosports in Riverside ..... I got my rear cage, PRP 42" bench seat and 3 harnesses installed out the door for less than $ 2k .... and it has a rear bumper and bolts directly to the frame..... it is a good strong cage .... I am very happy with it. Here are a few pics .... I hope this helps......

·
Registered
41 Posts
Give Chad a call at So. Cal Carts Inc. he's in Ralito, up at off the 15 at Serrira. he will build you any type cage you want. 909-561-6587.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hello,
I need some help in finding a cage.. I've called several compaines about them and they all tell me different things... So I turn to you guys for help. I live in Fontana, Ca and would prefer to buy from someone local so I dont have to pay shipping charges. Also is it better to have the cage bolted into the bed vs the frame? Is one way safer than the other? Do I need a bumper? Whats a good price? Ideally I like to get a 4 seater cage, with top and cooler rack.

Thanks for the help. Just want to make sure I buy something safe for the kids!!

I got a suggestion for you, Next time someone goes out of there way for you, You should at least give them the respect of a phone call. You told me you wanted to buy those plastics, and I stopped my plans to trade them because you said you where going to buy them. Then you didn't even give me the respect to call and tell me you wasted my time.
thanks alot guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts