Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you use a K&N filter, be sure to use a outterwear, prefilter over it.
Even if in the stock airbox?
I would recommend it, there's a reason most all pro race teams you see that use K&N filters have some sort of prefilter covering it.
You are 100% correct, we run them even with the stock air box. It is very important to stop the larger pieces of debris (particulate matter) from getting directly onto the filter. The larger particulate matter hits the sock (per filter) and shakes off rather that hitting the oiled surface of the filter and sticking. This allows the filter to flow a higher volume of air for a longer period of time. Those not running the stock air box this obviously magnifies the necessity of the prefilter.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
i run 2 outer wears and i use super sticky foam and paper pj1 spray works great,

also check out rutting rhino's custom intake

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i run 2 outer wears and i use super sticky foam and paper pj1 spray works great,

also check out rutting rhino's custom intake
Damn Frank, you don't take any chances! Hahaha!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
Run a foam element, that is properly oiled with what the manufacturer recommends.They are suited for fine silty enviroments. Street bikes I run gauze but not for off road. Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Our custom filters are huge for maximum surface area and feature heavy duty off road fabric that is 50% thicker than normal fabric filters...

Available in two versions... one uses the stock boot...the other uses a custom boot... both eliminate the air box...

Only at RuttingRhino.com

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread, but Rutting, have ya'll put any dyno numbers to the stock intake VS the 3 inch intake you sell?

I was looking at yours and was courious vbetween the two.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread, but Rutting, have ya'll put any dyno numbers to the stock intake VS the 3 inch intake you sell?

I was looking at yours and was courious vbetween the two.
You are not jacking the thread...it's a thread asking about 660 air filters...

I do all my comparisons with a stop watch and a/f gauge...something you can do yourself...I invite you to read the DIY-dyno sticky in our vendor section on this forum...do your own baseline testing for what you have now...then get whatever intake you like be it ours or others'...tune your carb using the same diy-dyno method...and post your results in our Bench Racing thread which is also a sticky in our vendor section...

A bone stock (except for MSD) 07 660 off the show room floor will do 0-300' in approx 8.15 seconds (actual time would vary with conditions)...install our cheaper version with stock boot and tune the carb that drops to approx 7.8 seconds...with the 3" that drops to approx 7.68 seconds...

That info is more valuable than dyno numbers...dyno numbers do not tell you what you actual get in terms of increased acceleration in a real world test...

The bang for the buck is the cheaper version...the 3" is worth the extra money IMO due to superior mechanical fitment alone...and it definitely makes more power regardless of how you measure it...

Ours is not the only one that makes good power...but if there was one on the market I liked better...I would not have bothered coming out with ours...our best intake makes as good of power as any and better than most...at the same time it is mechanically superior...has the heavy duty fabric for superior filtration and is very competitively priced...

Thank you for considering it... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts