Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of trading my 3010 mule for a 2006 Rhino what do I need to be aware of? Will they pull my small 16ft Jon boat up my boat ramp?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I could give you a whole list of stuff to look for, but that would take too long. Just check it over good and look for signs of abuse. Look under it and see how bad it is dented up under it. Yes it will pull your jon boat up the ramp.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Thinking of trading my 3010 mule for a 2006 Rhino what do I need to be aware of? Will they pull my small 16ft Jon boat up my boat ramp?
Stand behind it and have someone floor it and take off hard and look for smoke out the exhaust...

Check the oil level...if it is not full that is bad sign if they didn't make sure it was full for a buyer you know they didn't keep it full the rest of the time...

See how clean the oil is...same thing...if it' not clean for you coming to look at it...it probably was rarely if ever changed...

Open the air box...remove the air filter...make sure it's well oiled...and look in the bottom of the air box and see if it is dry...of has oil in it the bottom...if the air filter is dry that is not good...dirty is okay...as long as it's well oiled...if it's dry...check inside the intake for dirt...

Also...look at the crankcase vent hose inside the air box lid...some oil is okay...but if there is lots of oil in the bottom of the air box...and the top of the filter is got a wet spot on it for crank case oil droppings that is not so good...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts