Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
long travel that much better? heard axles break alot? put cdi box and kn filter on . have driven the hell outa this thing. havent broke a thing yet. everybody says clutch kit this that other thing i want it to run every time i turn the key i dont want to tinker every time? but i want more power

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Long travel...
well I am sure everyone here knows I could go on and on about this. Long travel is WORTH IT! It takes your Rhino to a whole new level, its almost like a different vehicle afterward because it handles and performs so much better.

I have done my research on this and there are a few kits out there that do have some high frequencies of suspension failure. broken spindles, tie-rods, steering racks. Now sure any stock rhino can also break these things but the probability goes up with certain kits. (I am doing my best not to bash right now)

With that said... here is what you need to look for to stay happy with a long travel kit

1 -Customer Service
2 -Track Record

I chose the Rhino Mafia Race Kit kit because I saw it in action many times. Never did I see it break in competition, and they are the winningest long travel suspension brand out there. Also, it doesnt the wheelbase isnt as long as other kits so it doesnt steer like an oceanliner. One thing that no one can dispute is that Jeff and Sal at Rhino Mafia are 2 of the most genuinely nice people you can meet or talk with. The best service you can get.

I dont take it easy on my Rhino and I havent had any problems whatsoever. Neither has anyone that I know who has the kit, and I think they bomb on their rhinos harder than me.

www.rhinomafia.com

Of course, this is all my opinion and there are many other kits out there.

Lets just say Rhino Mafia didnt exist... if that was the case I would go with Mason Motorsports LT kit or Lonestar Racing LT kit w/ Bilsteins.

Oh, and all three of these kits wont leave your rhino broken.

PERFORMANCE -
KMS Sheave is the BIGGEST BANG for your buck, its simple to install and it works. better shifting through the RPM range and higher top speed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mr. Off-Road said:
Long travel...
well I am sure everyone here knows I could go on and on about this. Long travel is WORTH IT! It takes your Rhino to a whole new level, its almost like a different vehicle afterward because it handles and performs so much better.

I have done my research on this and there are a few kits out there that do have some high frequencies of suspension failure. broken spindles, tie-rods, steering racks. Now sure any stock rhino can also break these things but the probability goes up with certain kits. (I am doing my best not to bash right now)

With that said... here is what you need to look for to stay happy with a long travel kit

1 -Customer Service
2 -Track Record

I chose the Rhino Mafia Race Kit kit because I saw it in action many times. Never did I see it break in competition, and they are the winningest long travel suspension brand out there. Also, it doesnt the wheelbase isnt as long as other kits so it doesnt steer like an oceanliner. One thing that no one can dispute is that Jeff and Sal at Rhino Mafia are 2 of the most genuinely nice people you can meet or talk with. The best service you can get.

I dont take it easy on my Rhino and I havent had any problems whatsoever. Neither has anyone that I know who has the kit, and I think they bomb on their rhinos harder than me.

www.rhinomafia.com

Of course, this is all my opinion and there are many other kits out there.

Lets just say Rhino Mafia didnt exist... if that was the case I would go with Mason Motorsports LT kit or Lonestar Racing LT kit w/ Bilsteins.

Oh, and all three of these kits wont leave your rhino broken.

PERFORMANCE -
KMS Sheave is the BIGGEST BANG for your buck, its simple to install and it works. better shifting through the RPM range and higher top speed.
\

I agree with the KMS clutch Sheave, I did it and my other to friends T-tate has it and it is definately worth it. I'm doing longtravel next week just do not know what kit yet.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
long travel is worth every penny. i can't wait to get mine. lone star racing make's has a killer set up. i'm going to be running SDHQ Offroad arm's but LSR would be my second choice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts