Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST PERCHASED THE NEW SPORT RHINO WITH PIGGIE BACK SHOCKS AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A COMPANY THAT MADE A LONG TRAVEL KIT THAT MIGHT BE ABLE TO USE THE SHOCKS THAT CAME WITH MY RHINO. THEN LATTER ON WHEN I GET SOME MORE MOOLAA I CAN UPGRADE JUST THE SHOCKS.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
with our MTS +3 kit, you can use the stock length shocks. Only problem is, they are going to be very soft. Most likely, you will have to get stiffer springs and stiffer valving to make them work properly. I know there are companies out there, than can change the shocks you have to make them work. just no sure exactly who can. You are probably going to run into this same issue with any kit that works with stock length shocks. The extended a-arms put a lot more leverage on the shocks, so it makes them feel a lot softer. I don't think anyone makes a +6 kit that uses stock length shocks.

thanks,

Greg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LSRGREG DOYOU HAVE A WEB SIT I CAN LOOK AT THE KIT AND WHAT DOES IT SELL FOR

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Dont bother with the stock shocks .... Go buy the LSR MTS + 3 kit and the Bilsteins. You can pick up the Bilsteins for about $ 1,200.00 and you can sale your stock shocks for about $ 600.00...... It ill be worth the $ 600.00 upgrade to save you the hassle of buying heavier springs and getting your stock shocks revalved...... Besides the MTS kit will work so much better with the Bilsteins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.