Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Pretty happy with the results so far, here are a few pics from the new xtr-f kit we just finished installing on my 08 Rhino. Can't wait until next week, gonna start the season off a little early in Glamis.

A big thanks to Sleeper for helping out with the kit and also Greg at Lone Star for allowing me to inundate him with questions.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Who did the aluminum work for the bed? It is sick looking!!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
We did, and it wasn't easy. The aluminum in the bed was very thick and we ended up buying a Bosch jig saw, that did the trick. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I guess i should qualify that we only cut out the bed, i sanded it for hours to revive it. It's actually a BRP bed replacement some guy had on CL oxidizing on his side yard. $100, couldn't go wrong. We brought it back to life.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
That is a beauty for sure...

Greg is great to deal with on every level...

Next time use a router and a straight edge...hss 1/4 dia 2F...you need a variable speed with medium power...

·
Registered
175 Posts
What spring rate is the rear and the front. Let me know how it does and what suspension is set at. Mine bucks in the back but I have no wieght back there kinda like you

·
Registered
77 Posts
That looks great....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not sure what the rate is in the rear but Greg may know. I think he recommended going with the lighter rate. I'm heading out to Glamis on the 20th so i'll be sure to post how it worked. I plan on trying to dial it for a few days on the whoops on sand highway.

What spring rate is the rear and the front. Let me know how it does and what suspension is set at. Mine bucks in the back but I have no wieght back there kinda like you

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
We did, and it wasn't easy. The aluminum in the bed was very thick and we ended up buying a Bosch jig saw, that did the trick. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I guess i should qualify that we only cut out the bed, i sanded it for hours to revive it. It's actually a BRP bed replacement some guy had on CL oxidizing on his side yard. $100, couldn't go wrong. We brought it back to life.

Nice, it looks awsome with the shock tower, and shocks thru it!!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I just found the hard to read numbers on the springs. Looks like it might be 300# all of the way around. Not sure if that's light or heavy. Greg, do you know?

Also, I was told that the heavier cars have been getting 300 over 400 in the rear and really light cars are 200 over 250. Since I have a heavy cage, it was suggested to go 300 over 300 in the rear. What setup do you have?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
First successful 4 day trip to glamis under the belt with the new long travel. This kit is amazing, I left everything right in the middle and it would take everything I was willing to try. Can't wait for the next trip in a few weeks. Now, if I only had more power......

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Awesome! Glad to hear. That is the one downfall with a good suspension. It leaves you feeling like you can go so much faster, so u want more power. haha.

G-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts