Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgot I had a nice set of Warn lights sitting around in the attick at the shop. Need to figure out how I'm going to mount them. Can't make up my mind if I want to put them on the cage or the front bumper. Either way both areas will be round tubing. Show me some of the ways you guys mounted yours. Did you use a clamp on mount or did you weld something on?

I am kind of leaning towards a clamp style.

Oh, and which location am I going to prefer having them at?

Here's a link to the lights. :hump: http://www.warn.com/truck/lights/sdb_210.shtml

Peace,

Buck

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I have found manu uses for these whip mounts. It might work for the lights to the cage or bumper. They are really strong and clamp on pretty tight.

·
Registered
297 Posts
use the ones from todds custom billet, that is what I am using and they work great!!!!

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I'm not sure on the picture above, but Jagged X sells them. They are whip mounts. Below is a picture from Todds Custom Billet, they are made for lights.

OOps, posted the same thing same time as Crazyjohnny.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Too much info is not enough. ;)

Give me some opinions on location.

Buck

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
In my opinion the higher the better. I have two of the eclipse 4" HIDs (Brand new product fron Eclipse) mounted to my stock bumper. They work great, but are too low. A great deal of light is lost to the groung immidiatlly in front of the rhino. I am building a new bumper with tabs for 4 of these lights up higher. I think that will be better for me. Until then I have two of the whip mounts, and I think I will try moving the lights up on the top bumper tube this afternoon. I have never seen in, but have heard the glare can be pretty bad with top of cage mounted floods. I would assume top of cage mounted spots would kick ass.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
azcourt where did you get those lights? i did not see them on eclipse's web site.
how much? and do you like them.
I happened to walk into Jagged-X at the right time. They had just got them in , and they only got two. We took them into the shop and connected them to a battery and I was sold. I'm going to call them Tomorrow and get two more coming. They were 200 bucks each. They fit perfect in the stock bumper, but I'm gonna make a prerunner style with 4 tabs to mount them.

I do like them, but the only comparison I have are the stockers. I have been in 1 rhino with the vision-x stock replacement hids, and these are just as bright.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I went ahead and ordered the BRP universal mounts. Her Rhino gets worked as much is it sees play. The TCB mounts were awesome to say the least. But I think they may have been a little too nice for our rig.

I will mount them up high on the cage too. These mounts give me the option to go with either location and I liked that.

The cool thing about the Warn lights is the High/Low feature they have. I can put them on low and get a wide narrow beam in front of me, or I can switch them on high and get a spot for long range use. Kind of a pricey light, but I've had them for quite some time from my old truck. May as well put them to use.

I hope they aren't too big for the cage. They are an 8" light.

Buck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts