Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on my 08 450 it started smokin last weekend and i cant figure out what the prob is. i did a comp check and it was holding steady so i dont see it being an internal engine prob i could be wrong. it runs fine just smoking i check the air box no oil and i found engine coolant in a breather valve below the crank case on the passenger side. could someone give me some advice? thanks in advance

·
Registered
999 Posts
In my experience blue smoke is oil in the cylinder. If it is on start up it may be valve guides which would still allow for a good compression test. There are many far more experienced motor guys on here that should be able to help narrow the problem down.

Have you checked for proper oil level?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
it dont do it on start up but you can smell a little but its at high rpm atleast when i can see it. i have it on jacks in the garage and use a broom handle to push the gas to c when i can c it. if someone has any more ideas i am whiliing to give them i try. i have done compr, check breather tubes for cloggin, check reliefe valves to c if pressure is just backin up, i havent tore into the cam and piston because im not sure if it is that. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts