Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so im searching for a great light bar thats not only going to work awesome but look awesome. now i know the led light bar strips are really popular and are amazing. but im looking for something a little more on the reality side and in my price range. so i was thinking of getting an overhead light bar with 4 or 5 lights. which would you guys prefere? anyone have a over head setup (by that im meaning lights on roof ofc) and how do you like it? should i go with 4 or 5? which is the over all best look? i came across this light bar and i would only need to order the lights separate. is this one good or junk? thanks

ps. pictures would be helpful. thank you

· Registered
4,522 Posts
I ran 5 7" lights on my old bar and it looked great and put out tons of light. I had about atotal of about 900 into it. Which in "reality" isnt too far off from a LED bar.

Another thing to consider is your power consumption. To run 5 Hids you better disconnect your stock headlights and keep a close eye on all the other power accesories your running.

The LED will draw less power.

Here are the set ups I have run

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow ur the king of lights! haha but yea i think the 5 setup looks awesome. OFC the led bar is a smaller cleaner look but i do like that 5 light setup up. and i used to work for amazon so i get a discount so i am trying to find any lights i can buy off there for cheap to make it work...anyone know of cheap lights off somewhere else? and u said if im going with 4 i should get 7"? plus i should be going with flood lights? thanks

· Registered
253 Posts
Buddy of mine has the HID stocker replacements and two 7" hid mounted on the front uprights of the cage just above the hood.

Just pick up two lights and weld tabs to the cage. Great light and cheap.

If your gonna go with 4-5 hids plus the bar, spend the extra 100 bucks and go with a 40" from Rigid! Check out some venders here they are hooking it up on Rigid products. I recomend Black Rhino (NO tax for AZ and just go pick it up at Rigid)!

· Registered
195 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
so im searching for a great light bar thats not only going to work awesome but look awesome. now i know the led light bar strips are really popular and are amazing. but im looking for something a little more on the reality side and in my price range. so i was thinking of getting an overhead light bar with 4 or 5 lights. which would you guys prefere? anyone have a over head setup (by that im meaning lights on roof ofc) and how do you like it? should i go with 4 or 5? which is the over all best look? i came across this light bar and i would only need to order the lights separate. is this one good or junk? thanks

ps. pictures would be helpful. thank you

Jamezha we do offer a killer 6" HID light that might fit in that opening of you're light bar. Feel free to Pm Me for pricing for Rhino members and we do offer a killer LED bar that is super bright compact and light. And we just lowered the pricing on them too!!

· Registered
245 Posts
If you really want to save some money and handy with some tools just make your own (lights and bar). You can convert any light to HID and I found that it was cheaper to make them. Go buy any regular halogen light that you can find the best deal on (your only going to use the housing). Wal Mart sells Hella lights for about $50 a pair and I know Harbor Freights has 7" for $15 a light. After that figure out what type of bulb your light is running (H3, H4, etc..) and go buy a HID kit of that bulb type (DDM Tuning sells HID kits for $40 a pair). It's pretty straight forward on converting them over and may require some drilling or something but it's well worth the savings. Doing it this way your final cost will be just under $100 a PAIR instead of $100 a light.

Here's a thread from the past on how to do it:

http://www.rhinoforums.net/how/34417-turn-reg-hella-halogen-lights-into-hid-lights.html

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.