Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about putting like a 2 inch lift on my rhino I am tired of bottoming out when going over little rock ledges. Any advise? What brand is good, prices, can I use stock axles and everything or do I have to buy special parts? Any advise would be a help. Is there any used kits avail? Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have a set of hd springs from James (jbs), I am tired of this also. The weight of the rear cage and seat make the rear sag too much. Hopefully this will correct my problem.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a set of hd springs from James (jbs), I am tired of this also. The weight of the rear cage and seat make the rear sag too much. Hopefully this will correct my problem.
Do you know if his hd springs will work with my fox shocks? Let me know if it helps you

·
Registered
561 Posts
Will do. I don't know if they will wot with your shocks. But I also don't know if the lift kits will either. Some of the lifts I have looked at, it says not for resi type shocks. But I don't know.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is my luck. Hopefully we can come up with something

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you should be able to lift it some with the preload adj. on your shocks
Whats the easiest way to adjust that on my shocks I have never done it do I need a special wrench?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you mean by make sure its clean? Are you talkin make sure the threads on the shock are clean? Where can I get a spanner wrench? Thx

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes he means, make sure the shocks are clean and might as well throw some wd on there to make them spin easier once they are broken free. U dont have to use a spanner wrench if you dont have one. I use a large set of channel locks with a rag between the channel locks and the shock teeth. Always has worked for me.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you I will try that this weekend. I thought jamse didnt love me anymore by not replying...lol... I take it there is two nuts they work lock nuts together is that what I am seeing?

·
Registered
170 Posts
i have a rubberdowncustoms 2 inch it made a night and day differnce with silverback 28s the lift itself has been trouble free and 2 hour install

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will it work with fox shocks

·
Banned
93 Posts
I have a 2" CFM Lift on my 2007 Rhino 660 I bought from thier website cfmperformanceatv.com It is 59.95 and took about an hour to install. I have had no problems with mine as far as axles,shocks or tires. Running 26x9x12 Zilla's front and 26x11x12 rear. Everything else is bone stock.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I've got a lot of weight in the back end of the Rhino as well. I went with the 2" lift from Highlifter and Progressive HD's. Only problem now is after 3 years, the rubber dampers in the shock eyelets are beaten and squashed to crap. Had to take them to machine shop to repair. Been happy with the lift and stiffness so far. Definitely helped with bottoming out!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i also have the rubberdown customs lift. i like it very much, never had any problems.
alot of guys run the CFM and are happy with it, and its priced very good

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Your fox shocks will work with the rubberdowncustoms lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Your fox shocks will work with the rubberdowncustoms lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where can I see pics of this lift

1 - 18 of 18 Posts