Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be doing a lot of long rides in the national forest around florida I need a good gps for my rhino. I have been looking at a lot of the different garmin models. Just looking for feed back on what you have and how you like it. I did a search here for it and it turned up nothing. The one I like is the montana 650t but really dont want to spend that much money.

I need a water proof shockproof GPS that works well in the forest.

So what do you use and why do you like it?

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
xog by lowrance

XOG, touch screen,compact and easy to use as they get, don't know if lowrance was bought out, I heard the new company was changing their gps market direction and dropping alot of the smaller units???? don't know if thats true, have bought 3 of them for myselft and friends and family and they work great and don't take up tons of room...do a search on them,good product...........getm while they last....

yep,their website says its discontinued,there are new ones on ebay with warranties still.....but I would call lowrance and find out what the new updated replacement is that has the same features,touch screen is a must for outdoors and driving and then go with the new unit if its simulair....tons of guys on this forum recommended it thats why 3 years ago I bought it and have loved it since...

·
Registered
979 Posts
XOG, touch screen,compact and easy to use as they get, don't know if lowrance was bought out, I heard the new company was changing their gps market direction and dropping alot of the smaller units???? don't know if thats true, have bought 3 of them for myselft and friends and family and they work great and don't take up tons of room...do a search on them,good product...........getm while they last....
Hey camshaw, are you able to upload the offroad maps to the xog like you can with the large lowrance models

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

yes, I pull out my sim card and put it into my dads and gave him all my glamis hill markers,piece of cake, I have no f'n idea why they would stop making them?????????? checked their site now they offer a small handheld with a tiny screen......the other outdoor gps they offer looks like they did away with the touch screen don't quote me on that,need to check into it, without a touchscreen you are having to totally stop and move the screen by a scroller, which is STUPIDLY SLOW.............

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Subscribed:
I'm also in the market for something like this. I like the looks, size and some of the features of both the Lowrance XOG and the Garmin Nuvi 500. I'd like to find something that shows trails, topography and sat images would be great.
Anyone know if there are downloads for any of these units for your riding areas?
Don't want to spend the money on the big Lowrance models nor do I have the space.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
x

been on garmins sight, go check out the zumo series, they have something just like a xog and also they have them with bigger rectanglular screens if you can fit that......but I still love my xog and its never let me down.......touch screen is a must,don't settle for the scroll with a button YOU WILL HATE IT

·
Registered
647 Posts
Just picked up a Garmin Montana 650 that I'm using in my Rhino. SMall, rugged, touch screen - loaded with topos, but you can add satellite views too ($).

RAM mount onto my rollcage.... also have a 'cup holder' mount that works awesome!

·
Registered
647 Posts
The 650T isn't required. You can get the 600, which is bascially the 650 without a camera.

I think the 650T has more memory and is preloaded with some maps, but you can get decent topos for most areas for free.

Check out the 600!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts