Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have no added leg protection. I'm looking to add leg bars or leg panels and was interested to here what's the pro or cons of each other. I'm using a Yamaha OEM half windshield/deflecto and get a bunch of dust swirling up into the cab during certain riding conditions. Will the leg panels help with the dust or create more of a vortex. I stated looking at the bars just because it looks as if it will be easier to clean out the cab area. Thanks in advance for your opinions. Rich

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
if your in the phoenix area Todd's Custom Billet makes these...i just haven't got the pandles done yet. they are more of a half door though

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I decided to try these nets out. They do the trick. I tried the aluminum half doors first, but did not like the raw aluminum finish, and the lip at the top dug into my leg.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
I got the HCR Legminders .... they do not offer as much protection as a full door but they seem they are good for me ....... They were less than $ 100.00 for the set.... they are very easy to install ..... They have a space under the panel to get rid of water ...... They will not help with the dust nor will they add to the problem ..... the only way to get rid of the dust is to get rid of the windshield .... I have read post where guys have tried everything and the only soultion is to get rid of the windshield .....

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I made these in about 4 hrs. very basic. I wanted to do a hinge so they would open and use zuess tabs and what not , but did not have enough time.They are getting powder coated textured black to match the stock cage. The best part is I just used scrap and cost me nothing!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I decided to try these nets out. They do the trick. I tried the aluminum half doors first, but did not like the raw aluminum finish, and the lip at the top dug into my leg.

Where did you get these?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just because I didn't know, I most post that Yamaha will give you free doors and free install if your Rhino was not equipped with them from the factory. I was shopping for a set and then found out about this on rhinorollovers dot com

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Just because I didn't know, I must post that Yamaha will give you free doors and free install if your Rhino was not equipped with them from the factory. I was shopping for a set and then found out about this on rhinorollovers dot com
Seriously?????

Just goes to show, there are thousands of non-forum junkies out there!!!!!

Honestly - I started out with some 1/4 doors. Loved them - easy in - easy out. Offered some protection.

Got the recall notice (knew about way before because of these forums) got the factory doors and love them - however, they still pop open VERY easily on hard hits and offer very little protection in a roll-over. They will do great on a "tip-over", but the only real protection are full-fixed doors

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought the Lone Star 1/4 bars and just recently:boohoo: bought the pannels to cover them. Seem to do the trick for protection but I dont think any of the doors will stop your dust problem. The more you close your rhino in the worse the dust is going to hang around in the cab. I would of loved to get a taller door but it all comes down to the budget

1 - 19 of 19 Posts