Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are you guys mounting these? I run the OEM Yamaha roof with a stock cage. I would like to mount a 30 or 40 inch light bar on the top, towards the front of the roof. There isnt a bar there. Anybody have any ideas for me? Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, my only concern with those mounts is that I dont think the like will be far enough forward. Remember I have a stock cage. The top bar on the cage that goes from side to side is prolly 12 inches back. I would like the light to be as far forward as possible.

·
Banned
833 Posts
he has a front bar that you can maybe move it up to mount a light on...look under rutting rhino in the vendor section...it has a handle on it for the passenger..might have to cut it off...might not....just some thoughts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Thanks James...

I do have those bolt on bars and the grab bars are bolted on and sold separately...

The only problem is they are not a natural fit up at the top...

They are made to be dash bars for supporting the windshields we make and the stock cage gets narrower at the top...

They can be used tho...you would have to use spacers like thick washers between the outside of the cage and the stretchers...not saying I recommend it but it can be done...

I can also sell some one a set of the billet aluminum custom fabrication boss-clamps I use to make those bars and enough tubing to make one fit anywhere they want...then the customer can cut the tubing to a perfect fit and have them tig-welded locally...

If have to custom make a bar welded and painted for anyone it will take weeks to do and they cost will be ridiculous...

·
Banned
188 Posts
Hi I bought this lightbar from davezcarz off of Ebay. It comes with mounting bars that he said would clear the roof but it doesnt.

So I fab'd up these mounting extensions that bring it out past the roof and also up so I can still fold the windshield down.

Light bar is nice just need to extend the mounting brackets if you have a plastic roof, I think with the metal roofs it will be ok.

~ Phil

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
The Rigid bars come with mounts. You just have to drill and tap your cage and you are ready to light up the world.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts