Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
What lights did you install?
Go to page 1 on this thread and you'll see several options, i got mine off Amazon Prime 4.5" 27W 9 leds for $13.99 a pair free shipping.
Got mine from Amazon, but paid somewhere over $40.00 for a pair of 4-1/2" round LED, 27-Watt x 9 LED each. Beam lights, not flood.

But I had to cut the base or mount area of the lights with a saw-all/metal blade. The light housing is made of a very thick aluminum material. Once I cut off the bases and filed the small ridges left by the saw, the lights fit right in. The "bases" I am referring to are located at the bottom of each light housing, and each has a hole the bolt that holds the light on a bracket that allows the lights to be moved or tilted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you use the hardware that came with them to mount?
No. I saved the mounting brackets and bolts since they are made of stainless steel, although I have no idea where I put them in the garage. I got junk everywhere, and when I need a tool or something I can't find it. I just keep on buying new sockets, wrenches, bolts, and so on :)

I just sawed-off the mounting bases, and pushed the lights into the light buckets or whatever these are called. Since the lights have screw holes on the back of the housing, I put a flat and narrow piece of aluminum across the bucket in the back, and used two screws through the aluminum to hold each light in place. I also sealed the front edge of each light with black RTV silicone, which in turn helped keep the lights from moving at the front edge. I will probably install another LED light in the back, maybe a floodlight, to use at times when I have to backup in the dark during the moose season.

I will eventually replace the back drive lights with LED ones, maybe when I find a good deal. Right now sellers want too much money for the Rhino back LED lights.

·
Holiday Winner!
88 Posts
That's what I did too. Cut off the bases and just pushed them in and aimed them. They have been fine for three years.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Greg1991 and TINKEN

·
Registered
25 Posts
Great thread. This is definitely going towards the top of my mod list

Reactions: RHINO RAT

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
My headlights, i had to mod 1 wire but they fit right in stock location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk