Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just recently completed my led headlight install and they look pretty danged good and are so much brighter than the stock headlights. I didn't have to cut the headlight bucket and simply installed them using 3 screws per side. I also cut the bottom brackets off the lights for a clean install. I got my lights from Flimmy for $55 shipped for the pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anyone want to chime in. Tinker your install looks great. I have the lights but I would love it if I didn't have to cut anything. Plus is it ok to hook them up to the hi beam switch?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I didn't cut my headlight housing during my install and I connected both wires to the led light and have had no issues. The headlight bucket is sealed up pretty good but i get a high pitched whistling sound when I'm towing my Rhino so I may have to plug the original screw holes.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok. So does it matter if you hook into the yellow wire or the green wire? I understand one is the first turn off the knob and the other is the second turn. Right now I have all of my switch lights coming on with high beams because rhino lights are horrible so you have to have high beams on. Understand?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, drilled 3 holes that line up with the threaded holes on the back of the lights and installed the screws.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Alaskan. One last question. Did you use 4" or 4.5"? Both seam like they will fit but I don't want to cut the bracket off the 4.5" if it won't fit. Any foam tape used around the bucket to help the light from rattling?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I bought the 4.5" from Flimmy, it is a very tight fit and mine don't rattle at all. I think the 4" version might need something to make it fit tight but others that have done the mod with the 4" lights would know better than I. I still need to plug the stock screw holes to see if that's what's causing the high pitched whistling noise when towing it on my trailer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok Alaskan. I bought the 4…5" lights. Took the bracket off and I can't get them in. Any special trick I'm missing? I have a 2009 rhino 700 sport model

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you file down any left over bracket to make the lights round? This is what I' did and they fit nice and snug.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm currently out of state but I can take some when I get back on Sunday. My lights are almost flush with the outside of the headlight bucket.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe a better idea would be to take a measurement. The ones I have don't want to go in. They are 116mm across. Sorry to be a pain.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you get your lights from Flimmy? I'm out of town until Sunday, try contacting him and maybe he can get a measurement for you. My Rhino is an 09 as well, I had to push pretty hard on them but they went it just fine. They are so snug I thought about just leaving them like that but decided to put screws in them to be safe.

41 - 60 of 87 Posts