Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Haven't tried them I went with 4.5 round ied lights off amazon for $14 a pair free shipping, removed stock light and with a few simple mods to the leds pressed into the buckets. work great. The bulbs your looking at look like they plug in like the stock bulbs on my 05.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Haven't tried them I went with 4.5 round ied lights off amazon for $14 a pair free shipping, removed stock light and with a few simple mods to the leds pressed into the buckets. work great. The bulbs your looking at look like they plug in like the stock bulbs on my 05.
Hey Rhino Rat, do you have a picture of your headlights and a link to the amazon lights you got?

·
Premium Member
3,150 Posts
he runs the same as me his housing was a little bigger than mine so he trimmed them down to fit, think mine were 80 bucks on ebay
But u will only have high beam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
Yzf450 is a dirt bike different animal. I did a search on Amazon for off road led lights 4.5" didn't have to hack up the headlight bucket. I think $13 to 21 a pair.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yzf450 is a dirt bike different animal. I did a search on Amazon for off road led lights 4.5" didn't have to hack up the headlight bucket. I think $13 to 21 a pair.
That was my point as I realize it's a totally different bike. The other poster listed a yfz450 but said the bulbs worked that's why I checked it out. The link however says they won't work in a Rhino so I asked again, has anyone tried the bulbs referenced in the other post in a Rhino.

With regard to your search results. What item did you find and are they compatible with a Rhino?

·
Registered
60 Posts
More Info

my son imports lights and gave me some headlight bulbs for fathersday.

At the risk of sounding unappreciative, why do people show possible solutions on these threads but do not list part numbers, sources, or additional details on the bulbs. I can only assume they work in a Rhino, what are the lumens, how many amps do they draw, are they a direct replacement?

Sorry for sounding like a brat but you would think someone has a viable LED replacement for the stock Rhino headlight.

·
Super Lead Moderator
3,809 Posts
A lot of aftermarket stuff went away when Yamaha dropped the rhino from production?? As to my search everything is generic and just do what it takes to fab it to work.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought one of the first rhinos in 2013. I think it was serial 255 or close to that. I joined this forum shortly after . we had to make our own stuff . glove box doors and I even made doors. i'm sure pictures are posted of them . nathon owned this site then in montana.

I 've owned several side x sides since then . some cost a lot more but the best for dependability and low maintenance was the Yamaha

I can only compare it to what I have owned and run. gator Polaris were a couple of the ones. this is why I went back to the Yamaha brand.

jim

·
Registered
159 Posts
the led lights numbers on the package that they came in is P43T-6500K it was a gift so i don't have the details on wattage or cost. but i do have my sons web page. https://llumen8.com/ he had to flatten out a tiny tab on each light so the fit correctly.

jim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts