Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed my air fuel gauge and calibrated it two days ago and every since i started using it it flashes 7.4 for a few seconds and then works and then flashes 7.4 again. do i have i bad sensor from the factory ? or is something else wrong? great tuning tool when its reading correctly though.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
yes thats normal everytime u foor it or start it the sensor takes a second to read it accurately ,

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
followed the directions and did all the necesary steps before installing it into the pipe.just seems like it should read steady once it gets warmed up after i start the machine.i guess ill keep running it as long as it keeps giving me a intermittant reading

·
Registered
732 Posts
Mine does that every once and awhile. Not to worry, I think it has to reset itself every so often.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
when ur driving maintaining a speed will it tell u ur a/f and stay on till u let off or floor it more ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Benzo: yes it will read up and down while maintaining a certain speed then flash 7.4 when I accelerate.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Benzo: yes it will read up and down while maintaining a certain speed then flash 7.4 when I accelerate.
Do you have the led hooked up? How many flashes on the led will tell you in the trouble shooting guide what is wrong. Sounds like a fried o2 sensor to me.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I will have to see if the led flashes. This is a brand new unit that has done this since I installed it. It only has about 30 minutes run time on it.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
I will have to see if the led flashes. This is a brand new unit that has done this since I installed it. It only has about 30 minutes run time on it.
Yeah, count the flashes and refer to the manual and it will tell you what is wrong. Mine did that a couple times and everytime it was the sensor. My problems were caused because I ran race fuel. Also, if your air fuel drops below 7.4 it will stay there until you shut it off. So, you might be too rich.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok,led flashes 8 times meaning a bad sensor or a hot sensor. It does give me a reading so I think I will try a heat sink and see if that changes anything. I'll also get a new sensor ordered up.

·
Registered
6,996 Posts
Ok,led flashes 8 times meaning a bad sensor or a hot sensor. It does give me a reading so I think I will try a heat sink and see if that changes anything. I'll also get a new sensor ordered up.
That's the nice thing about the led. I went thru 3 sensors during the 2 year period I had mine. I thought that's what it was on yours since mine did the same thing. If it doesn't read at all and just flashes 7.4 then it is a bad sensor. If if reads a/f mixture then later in time it flashes 7.4, then it is a hot sensor which could be the o2 bung is too close to the head causing the sensor to heat up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok. Picked up anew sensor at advanced auto and installed it . Calibrated it and it does the same thing. I changed the grounds around, grounded the sensor wires to the frame and grounded the gauge wires to the motor and haven't gotten a 7.4 reading but i do get a 7.5 &7.6 reading every now and then.I need to move the led so I can see how many flashes I get from inside the car. I'll get this fussy bugger to work correctly someday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts