Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was working on getting my top end back together, I looked over and noticed the rear shock was a KYB shock. Checked the front and same thing. These are not remote reservoir shocks. I've only had this Rhino since August of last year and don't know the history. Prior owner said nothing had been done with the suspension. My question is, are these OEM shocks or are they upgraded shocks? I've read through a lot of the suspension thread but haven't found an answer. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
They are stock. Kyb makes plenty of shocks for all sorts of applications. These happen to be the gutless type that met the requirements for mass production from Yamaha.

Similar to pioneer and clarion making the radios for many car manufacturers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. That's kind of what I figured, but I was hoping maybe I'd scored some better shocks without knowing. I do mostly trail riding in the mountains, so they are "adequate" for that. Got some other mods on the list ahead of dropping a bunch of money on shocks.

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
I ran elka stage 4’s on my 450, now i have fox 2.0 remote resi’s on my 700 but it has long travel suspension
The elkas will run ya 2,000$,Better does not = cheap

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
Keep watching on here intro2rhino sells shocks regularly at great prices

1 - 8 of 8 Posts