Yamaha Rhino Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished the paint on my Rhino. 3 base coats of Krylon fusion khaki, then dusted with green/brown over a mesh laundry bag. Painted my AR the same way a 1.5yr ago and its held up well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I like the effects with the laundry bag. Curious how the paint sticks to plastic. Any kind of flex inhibitor added? Or is it Krylon for plastic and if so, does it stick well? Looking for something like this for mine. Also what kind of paint did you use on your AR?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same paint, Krylon fusion (for plastic) on both. Degreased the AR really well, sprayed, and then "baked" on with two ceramic bathroom heaters and a cardboard tunnel. Other guys on here have done the Krylon and had good results, touch ups should be really easy if needed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sweet! Good info. What about sanding/scuffing/stattic? If i were to take scotch brite to my plastic mildly? would it be ready for (fusion) paint or would i have to treat for stattic then prime/paint or just paint afterwards?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Used red scotch brite on the fenders and dash panel. Used a Dewalt palm sander (120 then 220) on the hood. The sandpaper was a litl to rough so I had to go over it w/ the SB after I had 2 coats on it and it evened out the finish. Wiped down the panels with rubbing alcohol before painting. No primer used.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Krylon paint holds up really well. Did mine flat black a couple years ago, the best part is the touch up, simple easy and blends right in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts