Yamaha Rhino Forum banner

King of the Hammers 6th -11th Feb

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  dbestduner 
#1 ·
Events in Johnson Valley at Soggy Dry Lake. If we go out Wed Afternoon do you think there will be room to dry camp on the Dry Soggy Lake. ? Heard we can run on the course Sat and for Clean up---True?

#2 ·
I you go out Wednesday it will be a sea of trailers and people lol. they have time trials and qualifying all week long. it's a awesome rent and I will be there out there Thursday for the new "king of the motos" where bikes take the course and Friday for the Kim of the hammers. I can show ya around if you want there are alot of fun spots to watch.

and yes alot of people run the course sat

#3 ·
Road Map

Thanks Dan, I was told to go out towards Johnson Valley on Hwy 247 Old Woman Road and look for Boone dirt road to the left. I see Messinger Mine Road on the map. Do you think there will be signs where to turn and is it about 3 miles of dirt before the Soggy Dry Lake? Want the ez'st with the Rig and Trailer. Thanks

#7 ·
Taught him how to drive.

In 1973 Camshaw was still in diapers and dear old dad had to babysit him at Glamis. He grew up in a VW & Porche powered Hi Jumper that I built at Victory Welding in E LA. I think I got too much sand in his food when he was young. Sorry about all his chit but he sure is entertaining around the campfire when his stuff is in between fixing! PS thanks for the Maps, etc. I will try to find ya

#11 ·
lol that's so cool you guys still go together, wish I grew up in a family that did![/QUOTE]

well, you got to understand, If I dont go who's going to lead the old fart through the dunes, he'd be crashing into everything but a nice dune ride if I wasn't out in front showing him the way............ha ha ha..........lol...........thats some funny stuff.......

#13 · (Edited)
Hey Kerry, if you camp off of Boone rd, there's some really good riding spots around there. HOWEVER, all the KOH action and close by camping will be near soggy dry lake(Bessemer mine rd.) Both roads in are kind of rough with washboard bumps, so you just have to be patient and take your time going in. Your best bet is Bessemer, it's closest to the action, several miles closer than Boone rd, and there's signs leading you in.

When you want to do some FUN Johnson Valley riding, shoot me a pm. I know the area very well, and can take you to all the good riding spots incuding some fun little sand dunes.

#14 ·
x

I think Doghouse/kerry/pops is mad because my big heavy 4 seater with a powerrobbing alternator kit and a little 686 pulled on his big stroker 720 in his lightweight bed deleted 2 seater....he might not answer for a while, i think I pissed him off!.........ha ha ha......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.